gc backup loader problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by armageddan, Jul 9, 2009.

Jul 9, 2009
  1. armageddan
    OP

Newcomer armageddan Advanced Member

United States
    so yeah my nintendo wii doesn't seem to want to run gamecube backups for some reason. i had the miospatcher installed for the gc backup loader and it read the game. after it loaded, the screen went black but i could tell the game was running because there's noise and if i press the start button it'll go to the main menu of the game. i've tried burning them at different speeds, max,4x, and 3x, but i don't think that's the problem. could anyone enlighten me to why it's giving me a black screen? i had no problems installing the miospatcher and the loader seems to run fine.

2. Fiesty Panda

Banned Fiesty Panda Banned

United States
    What DVDs did you use? Did you change the book type? What region are the games? What region is your TV?

3. armageddan
    OP

United States
    the dvds i use are maxwell dvd-r and no i didn't. the region games, tv, and my nintendo wii are ntsc-u.

4. blitzer320

Member blitzer320 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    what version of miospatcher did you use and also did you check to see if the specific game is working for others

5. armageddan
    OP

United States
    um. i think it was ciosrev3 (hmm now i think about it that's probably the problem...) is there an updated version that i can download somewhere? and i was using zelda the windwaker, and pokemon collesium and from what i understand they're compatible with what i have.

EDIT: oh and it would sometimes give me a green screen and turn my wii off or give me this weird orange and black striped screen. >.>

6. blitzer320

Member blitzer320 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  7. armageddan
    OP

United States
    i got it working by using gcbackup.02 and re-did all the steps. thanks for helping [​IMG].