Hacking GC Backup Launcher channel wad request

fotd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be sweet if someone made a gc backup launcher channel wad. I'd be pretty darn happy.

fotd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that raises a good point. I can't seem to get them to load thru the disc channel. only thru the hbc. I have softmii 1.0 installed. perhaps that has something to do with it. all it does is load a blue screen and reset my wii. it does this with or without hacks turned on.

Joesalad21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
fotd said:
that raises a good point. I can't seem to get them to load thru the disc channel. only thru the hbc. I have softmii 1.0 installed. perhaps that has something to do with it. all it does is load a blue screen and reset my wii. it does this with or without hacks turned on.

Try to use waninkoko's CMIOS instead of WiiGator's to load from the disc channel.

You can find it here or here.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHANNEL NAME: GAME CUBE
APPLICATION: GC Backup Launcher
BLOCKS: 24
SOUND: relapse by Eminem
TESTED BY: buby78

BANNER
gamecubebanner.jpg

ICON
gamecubeicon.jpg

LOGO
gamecubelogo.jpg

WAD
game cube-GCBL.wad
the logo shows up the same size of icon

"THIS ONE THE BANNER IS ANIMATED"
and if you like the one with the fire more then let me know and ill make it
CHANNEL NAME: GAME CUBE
APPLICATION: GC Backup Launcher
BLOCKS: 25
SOUND: relapse by Eminem
TESTED BY: buby78
ICON
gamecubeicon.jpg

LOGO
gamecubelogo.jpg

WAD
http://www.mediafire.com/?lzyg1ziy0zb

fotd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for sounding all noobish, been following this forum pretty regularly for a few months, but I've d/led it and then I rename it to boot.dol and put it in the apps and then do I uninstall the one from wiigator or does waninkoko's override the presviously installed version?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fotd said:

when you installed it did you make sure to press x with the gamecube controller once in the mios screen so you can load it from the disk channel or system menu what ever you want to call it.

fotd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
fotd said:

when you installed it did you make sure to press x with the gamecube controller once in the mios screen so you can load it from the disk channel or system menu what ever you want to call it.

ok, i'm not sure I understand what you mean. I know I didn't push the x button on the gc controller.

I really am thankful for all the help you guys have been.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fotd said:
sorry for sounding all noobish, been following this forum pretty regularly for a few months, but I've d/led it and then I rename it to boot.dol and put it in the apps and then do I uninstall the one from wiigator or does waninkoko's override the presviously installed version?
just put the .dol in apps/whatever name you want/boot.dol

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fotd said:
fst312 said:
fotd said:

ok, i'm not sure I understand what you mean. I know I didn't push the x button on the gc controller.

you know when you are on the miso patcher screen there is instructions on what you can do when you press x on the bottom of the screen you should see something like run loader from gcbackup or system menu at least i'm sure its from the miso patcher screen.

fotd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. now i'm getting frustrated, thank you for all your patience and help. so my only backups are Mario Sunshine and Mario Golf:Toadstool Tour. I unpatch the mios v4 with wiigator's patcher and then installed wan's cMios. Mario Sunshine now loads thru the disc channel/system channel, but mario golf just freezes thru the disc channel and then when loaded thru the hbc gc launcher it loads a blue screen and plays the audio. I am curious if i can uninstall wan's cMios and reinstall wiigator's mios v4 patch? I see now where i need to press the x button to enable the disc chanel loading.

fotd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
fotd said:
fst312 said:
fotd said:

you know when you are on the miso patcher screen there is instructions on what you can do when you press x on the bottom of the screen you should see something like run loader from gcbackup or system menu at least i'm sure its from the miso patcher screen.

I see it now. I have an old tv and the white thin font on the black background is hard to decipher sometimes. thank you.

fotd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed wiigator's Mios v4 and hit the x button and now Mario Golf loads thru the disc channel as long as you hit the b button to run the patched Mios. Guess I should give up the wii for the night and do some work before bed.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fotd said:
ok. now i'm getting frustrated, thank you for all your patience and help. so my only backups are Mario Sunshine and Mario Golf:Toadstool Tour. I unpatch the mios v4 with wiigator's patcher and then installed wan's cMios. Mario Sunshine now loads thru the disc channel/system channel, but mario golf just freezes thru the disc channel and then when loaded thru the hbc gc launcher it loads a blue screen and plays the audio. I am curious if i can uninstall wan's cMios and reinstall wiigator's mios v4 patch? I see now where i need to press the x button to enable the disc chanel loading.

mario golf should have worked maybe it burned wrong try burning at 2x or you had a dvd problem like me

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134...p;#entry1762460

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Gam...patibility_List

fotd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
fotd said:

mario golf should have worked maybe it burned work try burning at 2x or you had a dvd problem like me

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134...p;#entry1762460

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Gam...patibility_List

It worked under wiigator's mios v4 with the patched mios option turned on in the loader.
As far as burning goes, I'm on a PPC G4 Mac running 10.4 so all i can do to insure a correct burn is to use to burn function in the disk utility. Never had a coaster when burning an .iso that way only when using toast or the mac version of burn. It is very simple really, click burn and select the .iso. no speed options. it does take longer than burning a movie dvd thru toast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: