Hacking GC Backup Issues on Wii

Kusan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, i've tried searching and got no success at all. (if there's a topic with this somewhere then I apologize)

I got a NTSC modded Wii. The main problem is that I don't know what modchip it is...(anyone know a way to see what modchip it is? I bought it already modded and the person who sold it didn't know what modchip it has).

I had no problems playing original Brawl so I guess it's not a Wiikey, and the Wii is D2A.

Now to the problem:
I've tried many, many ways to burn GCN games to play them on my Wii, included Ikaruga, Spartan Warrior (or something), Rainbow Six Lockdown, long etc...I use TDK DVD-R dvds (which work perfectly with my Wii back-ups) and burn using imgburn (tried 1x, 2x and 4x), I always download NTSC versions, I make the ISO a Wii ISO's size...tried making multi-game, tried everything I think xD

The result is always the same, I put the DVD in and the Wii displays "An error has occured please remove the disc...bla bla bla", tried re-inserting the DVD but it's always the same error, it doesn't even say "Unable to read the disc" or anything, it always throw the black screen with that error.

Maybe a detail that would help you know what modchip it is...if I leave the backup disc inside, turn the Wii off...turn it back on and hit "Start" on channel disc it always shows "The game disc could not be read". This doesn't happen with original games though.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Insults? xD

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm....use GCOS (GameCube Operating System) and let the wii load it, not the ISO file. When you boot it there will be your game. (Search for GCOS in gbatemp or google)

If this doesn't work...I had broked DVD burner when I got an error like this (w/h Mario Party 6). Well maybe that's the problem but I doubt it.

Kusan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did the GCOS thingie (it's a software you use to create multi-game discs right?) and got a file output of about 390mb, called "rainbow.gcm"...should I burn this?

Thanks in advance, never tried to burn GC's backups so I kind of been doing it "blinded"

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahhh, did you have 300mb something files before GCOS making, even? Then iso only a raw dump. Search for Fstfix gui and do from it 1.4GB file, then try burning larger file. And if this was 1.4GB earlier, use FSTFIX to 'fix' this GCOS file. Then rename it to .iso.
Burn an .iso file and put into wii.

And yes this software makes multi DVDs. But it can be also used for single 'cube games.
smile.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gamecube games only HAVE to be 1.4gb on a real gamecube, not on a wii. so the games CAN be smaller than 1.4gb before gcos-ing them, no problem at all.
So probably because "I make the ISO a Wii ISO's size" you broke the games.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
manias said:
gamecube games only HAVE to be 1.4gb on a real gamecube, not on a wii. so the games CAN be smaller than 1.4gb before gcos-ing them, no problem at all.
So probably because "I make the ISO a Wii ISO's size" you broke the games.

I did not know that Wii can play smaller gamecube iso sizes.
shy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...