Hacking GC[ALL]/Wii[SOME] game not working on Softmod

a-b-c-d-e

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does Gc games not work for my softmod ?
Also, some wii games dosen't work on my Gamma or softmod.

For example : Mario kart and Super mario galaxy would not work but fire emblem wii worked

Did I do something wrong? Thanks for anyone who can help!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DON'T BURN SLOW!, unless you really really really get problems with 8x or 16x speed or you burner/media is very old. If some wii games don't work look here in the forum, i guess you have one of the regular problems: wrong cIOS, bad burn, DVD+R without bitsetting etc.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
brownmurder said:
i love the speed myth
been around since cd burning came into existance

it doesnt matter what speed you burn at

It does matter. A few years ago, 4x was too fast to get correct burns, even the verification failed in 30-50% of burns with 4x. Now the verification nealry always succeeds, but with slow speed you don't get good(the best possible) results. If you don't believe me, test yourself with dvdinfopro.

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm possibly, all i know is i always burn with the fastest settings, even way back with the playstation games and they all worked. maybe i was just lucky

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
brownmurder said:
hmmm possibly, all i know is i always burn with the fastest settings, even way back with the playstation games and they all worked. maybe i was just lucky

ps2 times when 4x burners were the most recent were the times with the problems with max speed.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
brownmurder said:
i was talking playstation 1 games, never got a ps2 im a xbox kind of guy

Lol, ok. When burning cds, the "speed matters" thing could be myth, i don't know. The ps2 was very picky with the discs same as the Wii, i guess the xbox has a standard pc dvd drive(or the drive is close to this) which doesn't care about the quality of the discs.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I burned "Bully" for PS2 the other day at 8x (which is my normal burn for all games) and Bully ended up having horrible lag while walking ect. I burned at 4x and everything works fine now.
So I think the speed of burning is true, slower (Can be) better.

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but that could also be put down to a fauly disc, you would have to burn it at 8x speed again to confirm it
smile.gif

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
DON'T BURN SLOW!,

I burn 1x with Sony DVD-R. Never had a problem

Just like the whole "copied games wear out your laser faster" (see Dreamcast,Xbox "backups"), this is never going to be settled. Do what works for you

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If your burns at 16X gives you DRE's then you have a really shitty PC and a very old and shitty writter, that's why you need to burn at 1X or 2X, some DVD doesn't even support that speed of writting, the best media only supports 8X - 12X - 16X....!!!
biggrin.gif

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Before you all start spouting "speed myth" and "don't burn slow" stupidity, try doing some actual research of your own, or even take some A+ Certification courses. It's common knowledge to anyone tech that if you burn a disc slower it can be read faster, it's just how the dyes work. However, before you all attempt to jump down my throat with claims that you burnt this game at this speed and it worked this well, there are some drives out there that can burn at a higher speed and provide nearly or the exact same quality of burn as a slower burn. It all depends on what you are burning with, and since the majority of drives in homes aren't expensive powerhouses, it's best to burn at a slower speed if you are having problems or aren't sure of your drives capability.

brownmurder: Attempting to enforce your point by saying "it could just be a faulty burn" is a terrible way to hold an argument, so you've only made people take you less seriously.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If your burns at 16X gives you DRE's then you have a really shitty PC and a very old and shitty writter, that's why you need to burn at 1X or 2X, some DVD doesn't even support that speed of writting, the best media only supports 8X - 12X - 16X....!!!
smile.gif

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonicandtails said:
brownmurder: Attempting to enforce your point by saying "it could just be a faulty burn" is a terrible way to hold an argument, so you've only made people take you less seriously.

lol i wasnt trying to enforce or hold an arguement, all i did was state a possibillity!
its common knowledge that there can be faulty discs in a pack when you buy them

back to the "speed myth" i think if you get DRE`s i think its more to do with the hardware reading it rather than how its burnt, i did a bit of research and the speed myth comes from audio cds as modern pcs could read the higher speed burnt discs where as cd players tended to skip unless they were burnt at a lower speed

so i think if you get problems burning at higher speeds its probably your wii drive and a lower speed would solve the problem

do what works on your system
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?