GBM Won't Turn On?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by rainbeau, Sep 4, 2015.

1. rainbeau
    OP

rainbeau Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    I bought a charger off Amazon since mine must have a shortage in it or something. Once I got it and plugged it in, the lights turned on blue and I thought everything was fine, but it wouldn't turn on while it was charging. I thought maybe it should be fully charged before I turn it on.. Waited for the blue lights to turn off, tried to turn it on and no luck! What's wrong with my GBM? Is it the battery? The charger? It isn't an authentic charger. I payed 5$ for it on amazon. But it's showing that it's charging just fine. Just not turning on!

2. TheSockNaster

TheSockNaster Kawaii

Banned
    Feb 7, 2015
    United States
    Something may have blown a fuse in your device. You will have to find someone that will repair it.
    Causes: Battery died some how, a wire blew a fuse, it is too old and died, or its haunted. (First 3 are serious.)

rainbeau likes this.
  3. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    You'll probably have to take it apart and check. I'd check the fuses and power switch first.

4. rad3ds

rad3ds GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2015
    United States
    Does the GBM have that same potentiometer slider based power switch as the other GBA models? Sometimes the inside of the power switch can get a little bit corroded or dirty. I have fixed like five regular GBA's so far that were having power issues by spraying some contact cleaner into the power switch between the gaps in the metal as good as i can, then gently swishing the stick back and forth, then blowing the cleaner out with compressed air while it's still wet to be extra sure i'm flushing residue out completely. The stuff drys out on its own really nice and clean, but I blow it out just to be sure i'm flushing any foreign gunk out of the switch, you don't have to go nuts with the compressed air. Rinse and repeat a few times and it works great. Good for cleaning out the cartridge slot too.

I think I saw wiggy or someone on some other forum mention something like using a clean injection needle filled with isopropyl alcohol to shoot alcohol into the switch and flush it out. That's kinda impractical tho because most people aren't going to have needles like that, lol.

Here's the contact cleaner I use, it's great, but there's other options out there too.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BXOGNI