GBM+GBA flash cart VS DSlite GBA flash cart

Which would you rather have (if you already have a DSlite)

• A brand new gameboy micro and whatever the best GBA flash cart is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a GBA flash cart made specifically for DSlite

• I'm .TakaM

• Total voters

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Basically, it's too much of a hassle to set up the gamecube+gameboy player to put some new games on my old F2A 256 ultra GBA flash cart, plus I hate how it sticks out of my DSlite.

I've been thinking about getting a Gameboy Micro to solve the flushness issue, but then I still have to use the gamecube+gameboy player to put games onto my F2A, so I might as well buy a more current GBA flash cart.
But in that situation, perhaps I should just buy a DSlite sized GBA flash cart.
However, I kinda want to buy a GBM simply because of how ultra portable it is, and I kinda hate the borders GBA games get on DS screens.

So, I can't really make my mind up, and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
grog.gif

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've just recently bought an EFA Simple for my good-ole GBA, even though I have a 3-in-1 in my DS lite. For dedicated GBA gaming, I prefer the GBA-EFA setup. But when I'm on the road, I don't usually carry my GBA around with me, so I use the 3-in-1 with the DSL instead, whenever I crave GBA games.

What I'm trying to say: Do both! If you obviously have the money for a GBM plus flashcart, the extra 20 bucks for a 3-in-1 probably don't hurt you much.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
... but then I still have to use the gamecube+gameboy player to put games onto my F2A, so I might as well buy a more current GBA flash cart.Just out of curiousity, why do you need a Gamecube and a gameboy player to write to the F2A?
Because a Micro and the F2A would be perfect
smile.gif
I guess the F2A needs a Gameboy Advance with the original link port to be written to, and he doesn't have an original GBA, just a Gameboy Player.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
My sister uses a Micro and the old F2A I gave her. Seems to work out pretty well for her. Then again, she doesn't play DS.

If you take the DS with you alot get the flashcart, otherwise go with the Micro.
smile.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could get an Elink or EFA Linker for the GBM (both just over $21 USD shipped at Dealextreme). They both have connecter ports in the cart, so the GBA link port isn't needed.

If you want a GBA cart for the DS, I'd go with the 3-in-1 or the eWin expansion pack.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
However, I kinda want to buy a GBM simply because of how ultra portable it is, and I kinda hate the borders GBA games get on DS screens.

These are exactly the points why I bought a GBM for my old G6 and it's great!

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
okay, I decided to buy a GBM, infact I went to get one today, except..
Gameboy Micros don't exist in New Zealand, I think I might've seen one or two when they came out.. but now, absolutely nothing.
So I'll have to order one online, and last time I ordered something online was with liksang (
yaypsp.gif
)

So, what site is the best to order a GBM these days?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.