GBM + Ez-4 Hardware Resetting

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by romnempire, Jan 25, 2012.

Jan 25, 2012
  1. romnempire
    OP

Newcomer romnempire Newbie

United States
    I have the GBM + Ez-4 setup that's ... basically ... what ... everyone ... here ... seems to have. I've noticed a hardware problem. Whenever I press firmly on the middle of the back of the system, the Ez-4 blacks out. I figure it's pushing the battery out of position. Is this a common issue, or do I have a badly built Ez-4? I know it's the flashcart because retail cartridges do not have the same problem.

... Also, I was looking at reviews to fix this, and was wondering if it would be useful to get a Supercard Mini SD. Did that hardware better support real-time clock games, or approach saves in a more agreeable fashion? Please note - I'm aware getting a Supercard Mini from a retailer is next to impossible - just wondering whether or not there would be any benefits to having one over an Ez-4.

2. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    If pressing the middle-back of the system caused the problem, then wouldn't the problem come from the GBM and not the EZ4?

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    There is no real advantage to having a Supercard over an EZ-IV. GBA games still slowdown, and no Supercard ever had a real-time clock on board. Saving still relies on using the button combination or the quick-power-cycle method; I don't trust the SC's battery to hold my save for me.