Hacking GBM + ELink 1Gb

mjolnir_markiv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
As header states I can't save games... usually. Sometimes I can, but failed to figure out at what circumstances I was able to do that. Here's order of my actions: ...Saving the game -> Turning GBM off -> Waiting ~5-10sec (otherwise it boots up last played game again instead of menu... why?) -> Turning it on again -> WTF? No save file. Finally I was forced to patch games with ELink software to use in-game menu (I avoid using it cos it's laggy... Metroid Fusion, for example, freezes at the begining if patched to use in-game menu, other games have some minor graphics glitches if patched... and so on). Now I was able to use "Return to Menu" function after the game was saved, this way I was able to save game normally. Don't know why, don't know how, but just only with this order of actions I'm able to save the damn game: ...Saving the game -> L+R+Select -> Return to Menu -> Voila, now I can fearless turn GBM off.

Sure I know about RTS-function, it works OK, but the problem occurs when I tried to patch Mother 3. ELink don't support in-game menu for ROMs >=32MB and I can't save game in any way. If there any solution? If there any way to make this laggy flashing device work properly?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for my English.

//BTW for some reason ELink shows me hex numbers in menu here and there, when booting or saving game. That's not a big deal cos they disappear at the moment screen refreshes.

mjolnir_markiv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thanks for reply.

QUOTE('how_do_i_do_that') said:
The Elink program allows you to change the save spaces for games up to 1Mb in size before transfering. You probably forgot to change the save sizes for your games.
How exactly I can do it? Haven't seen such an option.

QUOTE('how_do_i_do_that')no save issue? YOU PROBABLY FORGOT TO CHARGE IT.
This's the first thing I did. No luck, still no save.

But no charge won't explain that I still can save the game quiting via soft reset.

mjolnir_markiv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I want to fix firmware (if it's even damaged, tbh I dunno... just my guess =), and according to ELink guide at some point I need to swap flashing devices when console is turned on. How dangerous is it for my another flashing device (EZ 3-in-1) and my DS if I take out it from GBA-slot when console is turned on? Thanks in advance.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
When you add a rom to the list, CHANGE THE SAVE SIZE by clicking on it, a drop down will show up and you can pick the size you want.

You still have power in soft reset due to it being powered by the DS, you lose everything at a hard reset.

You can pull a cart out while the DS is still on, you just lose the temporary data if any if you didn't safe (this is assumming your flashcart works like it is suppose to).

Some how you asked the swapping question in a DUMB way. Turn your DS off and swap the carts, before turning it back on.

mjolnir_markiv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
how_do_i_do_that said:
When you add a rom to the list, CHANGE THE SAVE SIZE by clicking on it, a drop down will show up and you can pick the size you want.
Thanks for trying to help me... maybe I'm dumb, but I CAN'T see any possibility to change save file size through ELink software. Perhaps ELink software version is an issue here? I got the latest one - 5.59. Some screenshots:
http://pix.academ.org/img/2009/02/20/fa767...6b5a2ee7342eb97
http://pix.academ.org/img/2009/02/20/cdb73...ea653bbb58c57f9

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
use the one that came with your CD, don't upgrade, it caused issues for some people. The pics you got is for the chinese loader app, no wonder your thing crashes, use the english one and don't upgrade.

It doesn't allow you to change existing roms on the cart. you will have to delete them and start over to be able to change the save sizes.

mjolnir_markiv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I don't have any CDs in the box. But I tried almost every version from official website. Most of them give me link error on startup and when I'm trying to burn some games. I guess, I just need new flashing device... what's the best solution for Game Boy Micro?

mjolnir_markiv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Good news, everyone. I'm an idiot =)

I burned Advance Wars 2 on ELink to test if there any progress to get this thing working. I forgot that it's not supposed in AW2 to load a save from middle of the mission when I turned off and turned system on again. I need to finish a mission to safely turn GBA off. When I figured that out, I tested Minish Cap - it won't save first... I don't know exactly what I've done, but... I burned it again and it works! Than I add few more games including Mother 3, all works perfectly. Magic? I still don't know about what change save size option you're talking about though.

So thanks a LOT, how_do_i_do_that, it works... at least for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality