Hacking GBC games on wii u?

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I felt like replaying my GBC games, but rather would do it on the Wii U than my computer or actual gameboy color because i kinda like the gamepad.

So is there any working emulator, homebrew thingy (yes, i just did that) or can you inject gbc games into gba ones?

Any advice to push me in the right direction would be appreciated.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I felt like replaying my GBC games, but rather would do it on the Wii U than my computer or actual gameboy color because i kinda like the gamepad.

So is there any working emulator, homebrew thingy (yes, i just did that) or can you inject gbc games into gba ones?

Any advice to push me in the right direction would be appreciated.
You could try GBiine, which is a WIP Gameboy Emulator.
There's also gacube emeletor which does have resolution changes to fit the image on screen.

However, they both don't have sound ATM, so my suggestion would be to inject a Goomba Color ROM (GB/GBC emulator for GBA) into a GBA VC game.

Reactions: LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You could try GBiine, which is a WIP Gameboy Emulator.
There's also gacube emeletor which does have resolution changes to fit the image on screen.

However, they both don't have sound ATM, so my suggestion would be to inject a Goomba Color ROM (GB/GBC emulator for GBA) into a GBA VC game.
Gacube not having sound was one of the reasons i didn't try it yet. I also thought it could only play gameboy games instead of color ones.

I'll have to look into the goomba color rom and see if that works. Thanks!

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gacube not having sound was one of the reasons i didn't try it yet. I also thought it could only play gameboy games instead of color ones.

I'll have to look into the goomba color rom and see if that works. Thanks!
You are welcome. :)
Just read and watch some tutos first about how to setup a Goomba Color ROM properly, and once you have done it verify it with VBA in your PC.
Afterwards, simply follow any method of injection for GBA VC games and that should be it.

LysergCooltyp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can find Gameboy Color roms for loadiine on that iso site or on that chaos site if you look hard enough I already have Zelda oracle of ages and seasons and super mario deluxe on my wiiu
Which isn't particularly helpful. Some of the games i want aren't uploaded to the site and the guy that planned to take care of my request hasn't done so yet. Them having Zelda and Mario games is not gonna get me anywhere.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which isn't particularly helpful. Some of the games i want aren't uploaded to the site and the guy that planned to take care of my request hasn't done so yet. Them having Zelda and Mario games is not gonna get me anywhere.
Well sorry dude just trying to help absolutely zero need for you to be a dick with your reply but anyway without you actually telling people the games you want how are we supposed to fucking know what you want.

LysergCooltyp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well sorry dude just trying to help absolutely zero need for you to be a dick with your reply but anyway without you actually telling people the games you want how are we supposed to fucking know what you want.
When you jump into a topic with the attitude of 'look harder' and 'see what i got', what exactly do you think is going to happen?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where did I say look harder to you?? What I said was for anyone who may be looking for gbc roms and as they are pretty hidden on some sites I was advising people not to just give up and dig around for them. Again where did I specifically say to YOU TO LOOK HARDER before posting oh yes that's right I never. So sorry if that's what you thought but trust me you are seriously wrong in that thought.

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
When you jump into a topic with the attitude of 'look harder' and 'see what i got', what exactly do you think is going to happen?
He said "look hard enough", there are a few threads on these sites which contain rather healthy selections of Goomba Color injects and people tend to raid them without commenting. They tend to get buried away because of this. One of the main request threads on these sites is full of people requesting somebody to do injects which have been done etc. It's a fair enough comment without really knowing what it is you are after.

If you want to attempt doing it yourself, one of the stickies here is very useful. It's under 'useful homebrew' > 'how do I create VC games for loadiine' > GBA & GB Injection into GBA'.

Last edited by Baphomet,

LysergCooltyp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
vWii has Visual Boy Advance GX.

Somehow didn't see your post until now. I haven't modded the vWii yet, but might consider that as a solution soon-ish.

He said "look hard enough", there are a few threads on these sites which contain rather healthy selections of Goomba Color injects and people tend to raid them without commenting. They tend to get buried away because of this. One of the main request threads on these sites is full of people requesting somebody to do injects which have been done etc. It's a fair enough comment without really knowing what it is you are after.

If you want to attempt doing it yourself, one of the stickies here is very useful. It's under 'useful homebrew' > 'how do I create VC games for loadiine' > GBA & GB Injection into GBA'.
I checked those topics and the guys wife is going into labor any time soon, so he didn't do injects for a while, including mine.

Yeah i saw the sticky. Got the Goomba rom ready (i think) and will look into injections later, albeit it sounds like quite some work.

Last edited by LysergCooltyp,
Reactions: Baphomet

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow didn't see your post until now. I haven't modded the vWii yet, but might consider that as a solution soon-ish.

I checked those topics and the guys wife is going into labor any time soon, so he didn't do injects for a while, including mine.

Yeah i saw the sticky. Got the Goomba rom ready (i think) and will look into injections later, albeit it sounds like quite some work.
Yeah Visualboy advance is great :) It should be easy to do. I think you just need super smash bros brawl game and a SD card 2 GB or lower to get homebrew channel installer working then you don't need the game anymore and Play all the roms on there. The bad side is you can''t use the gamepad to play them as vwii doesn't support gamepad (even though you can still see the games on the screen) But the emulator supports wii u pro controller and i think plug and play HID controllers like PS3 and such. :D

You probably place your game pad on the charging dock or place holder while using wii mote, classic controller or wii u pro controller and play with them while using the game pad as a screen. You may look silly or cool depending on who is the one watching you.

You can easily use many emulators like snes9x gx, Fecultra GX Visual boy advance GX and Genesis plus gx (personal favorite)

Sadly there isn't any stable emulators for wii u yet, you have a better chance on 3ds. :unsure:

LysergCooltyp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
to try out either of the wiiu gba emus , visit www.wiiubru.com or install the appstore from the same url .
I wish i had known that visiting the url would start the exploit because that froze my wii u (my SD card doesn't like running exploits without a shutdown in between).

Since i can't find my copy of brawl, don't know anyone whom kept his copy after they sold their wii and have no plans to buy a new game, vWii is off the table for the time being.

Also as expected, gacube can't run color games yet. Which i think was stated in the topic as well.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish i had known that visiting the url would start the exploit because that froze my wii u (my SD card doesn't like running exploits without a shutdown in between).

Since i can't find my copy of brawl, don't know anyone whom kept his copy after they sold their wii and have no plans to buy a new game, vWii is off the table for the time being.

Also as expected, gacube can't run color games yet. Which i think was stated in the topic as well.
It doesn't have to be super smash bros brawl. I could be any of the few other games. like Lego Indianna jones, Lego batman, Lego Star war Complete saga. Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the new world, Or Yu-gi-oh! 5Ds Wheelie breakers. I think should work, All these games should be very cheap to obtain cause is very outdated or unplayed. Inexpensive. :P

You just need one of those games on the list :)

LysergCooltyp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't have to be super smash bros brawl. I could be any of the few other games. like Lego Indianna jones, Lego batman, Lego Star war Complete saga. Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the new world, Or Yu-gi-oh! 5Ds Wheelie breakers. I think should work, All these games should be very cheap to obtain cause is very outdated or unplayed. Inexpensive. :P

You just need one of those games on the list :)
Yeah, i know but even on amazon i would have to pay 15 bucks for the cheapest just so that i can watch the gamepad while using the pro controller which is kinda weird lol.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i know but even on amazon i would have to pay 15 bucks for the cheapest just so that i can watch the gamepad while using the pro controller which is kinda weird lol.
Well trust me, you get used to it, either that or use the tv but still.... Is better than nothing :P

To be honest i wish it wasn't like that but i gotten used to it. put it in your lap and hold the controller. Sit it on charge station or the stand and lay in bed or something i dunno. Kinda like a tv screen for games. :)

You could also just use 3ds if you just will wait until a better one is made for wii u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.