GBC Games Glitchy?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by xerces, May 21, 2008.

May 21, 2008

GBC Games Glitchy? by xerces at 8:14 PM (884 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. xerces
    OP

Member xerces GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just recieved my SuperCard SD for GBA, and when I'm trying to play GBC games, they appear to have very glitchy graphics. Is it just my rom, or is there a fix for this?
    Lemme know please!

2. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    You should use a newer version of Goomba

3. xerces
    OP

Member xerces GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How do I go about upgrading that? Just download Goomba and put it on there? Is there any way to upgrade the built in emulators?

Edit - Thanks alot [​IMG]

Edit 2 - I think it may just be my Rom. I tried 2 other GBC games and they weren't glitchy. It might just be my Pokemon Crystal rom.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Keep in mind that you're not running the GBC games directly. The Supercard runs them in an emulator called Goomba Color, using a version that you cannot upgrade manually.

I'd suggest getting the latest version of Goomba Color from http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php and creating your own compilation of GBC games using the guide at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Goomba

You'll then need to patch it with the Supercard patcher before putting it on your card or at least you had to do this last time I checked. True, this is not nearly as convenient as just launching the *.gbc files directly from your card, but it provides you with crucial updates to the emulator. For instance, in newer versions the border is all black rather than changing with the GBC background.