cribby08

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is a GB & GBC emulator on the DS that runs at full speed? I did some searches on this site and tried to run a few emulators but no roms run well enough to play.

The thing is I have alot of GBC games collecting dust I would like to play on my DS is possible. I just don't want to have to buy a GBA just to play some GBC games I own.

Thanks.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres none that are perfect and run and full speed with sound but the ones out there that you've played can play SOME games perfect.

cribby08

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot. I'll give lameboy a shot.

On a side note is it possible to make a image of my legally owned games to play on lameboy? If possible I would like to use my own images to play. But as long as I own the original I dont think there will be a problem. Sometimes I put the CD's I buy in the store to my iPOD...I think its the same thing?

Oh well, thanks for the fast responses.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot. I'll give lameboy a shot.

On a side note is it possible to make a image of my legally owned games to play on lameboy? If possible I would like to use my own images to play. But as long as I own the original I dont think there will be a problem. Sometimes I put the CD's I buy in the store to my iPOD...I think its the same thing?Â

Oh well, thanks for the fast responses.
Think you'll need GB Bridge and a flash card for that I'm afraid.

cribby08

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, would m3 lite perfect work on gba for gbc games? I looked at thier website but it doesnt really say anything about gbc games.

If I do buy a gameboy advance or gameboy micro what flashcard would you recomend?

Thanks.

D

Deleted User

In my opinion you'll be better off downloading the ROM images of the games you want (even if you own them). Because as far as I know you would need special hardware to dump GB/GBC ROMs, like a for example the GB Xchanger.

edit:
Oh, would m3 lite perfect work on gba for gbc games? I looked at thier website but it doesnt really say anything about gbc games.
GB/GBC is only playable on GBA flashcarts using Goomba or Goomba Color.

cribby08

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion you'll be better off downloading the ROM images of the games you want (even if you own them). Because as far as I know you would need special hardware to dump GB/GBC ROMs, like a for example the GB Xchanger.

edit:
Oh, would m3 lite perfect work on gba for gbc games?  I looked at thier website but it doesnt really say anything about gbc games.
GB/GBC is only playable on GBA flashcarts using Goomba or Goomba Color.

Thanks that helps alot.....so even if I get a gba and a gba flash card I can only emulate gbc games using goomba.

Thanks these post are very helpful to me.

D

Deleted User

Yes, that's absolutely right, unless of course you'll get a GBA/GBA SP (not a GBmicro, since it doesn't play GB/GBC games natively) and buy a GB/GBC flashcart, the only way is emulating them.

Of course there is the option hadrian mentioned with buying a F2A GBA flashcart and the GB Bridge (the only store I can find that still sells it seems to be linker4u.com though), but I would rather buy a seperate cart for GB/GBC games.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wink2.gif
Don't bother dumping Gameboy/Gameboy Color games.

It's too much of a hassle now.

Anyways...

Lameboy hands down! (0.9 = Newest Version)

~Nero

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Lameboy, but unfortunately, it screws up the Pokemon sprites in that Pokemon Puzzle League game :__:
Try the commercial Planet Puzzle League game instead. Same concept, different implementation. You could also try the tetattds homebrew. Tetris Attack can be emulated in SNEmulDS but it has a major bug with the cursor/stack movement.

On-topic though, I agree, use Lameboy if possible and Goomba Color for the GBA if that fails. You could also try DSBoy, as that French guy's improvements are making many games run at full speed, even if it is missing sound and color.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass