Hacking GBC Emulation

Vaggelis100

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So can the G6 emulate gameboy color games? I don't mean games that can also play on color, which the emulator shows in mono (eg wario land 2), but real gbc games. When I try to play such a game it shows a screen which says it plays only on gbc. I have read about goomba color, but I can't figure out how I add games, because when I add them with goomba front, no file is created. Thanks in advance!!!!
yaynds.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goomba Color is your only real choice.

To add a rom to Goomba Color, you just have to append the rom file to the goomba.gba file. In windows you can do this by putting the rom and goomba.gba in the same folder, opening a command prompt in that folder and using this command:
QUOTE said:
copy /B "goomba.gba"+"ROM FILENAME.gbc" "OUTPUT FILENAME.gba"
Replace ROM FILENAME.gbc with the full filename of the rom you want to use, and replace OUTPUT FILENAME.gba with the filename you want the final product to have. The quotes ARE required.

Once you have appended the rom to the emulator you just put it on the cart like any other GBA rom.

You can use a program like the Flash Advance Toolkit to change the rom name if you don't want it to show up as "Goomba" in the G6 menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo