GBC Emulation

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Vaggelis100, Jan 30, 2007.

Jan 30, 2007

GBC Emulation by Vaggelis100 at 12:40 PM (836 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Vaggelis100
    OP

Newcomer Vaggelis100 Newbie

Greece
    So can the G6 emulate gameboy color games? I don't mean games that can also play on color, which the emulator shows in mono (eg wario land 2), but real gbc games. When I try to play such a game it shows a screen which says it plays only on gbc. I have read about goomba color, but I can't figure out how I add games, because when I add them with goomba front, no file is created. Thanks in advance!!!! [​IMG]

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Goomba Color is your only real choice.

To add a rom to Goomba Color, you just have to append the rom file to the goomba.gba file. In windows you can do this by putting the rom and goomba.gba in the same folder, opening a command prompt in that folder and using this command:
    Replace ROM FILENAME.gbc with the full filename of the rom you want to use, and replace OUTPUT FILENAME.gba with the filename you want the final product to have. The quotes ARE required.

Once you have appended the rom to the emulator you just put it on the cart like any other GBA rom.

You can use a program like the Flash Advance Toolkit to change the rom name if you don't want it to show up as "Goomba" in the G6 menu.

3. Vaggelis100
    OP

Newcomer Vaggelis100 Newbie

Greece
    thanks!!! I tried it and it worked! However, some games are slow and they aren't playable.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom