Trophies
XP
Country
United States
review.gif
GBAtemp's Taito DS Paddle Controller Review
Official GBAtemp Review

taitopaddle.jpg
Several months after its original release bundled with Arkanoid DS, Space Invaders Extreme has been released, a hack for Mario Kart DS made available, and the device itself is up for purchase on its own. Is it worth the price for just a handful of games? Read on and find out.

Feel free to leave your comments and questions in response to this thread.

icon11.gif
Read

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I think its definitely worth it for Space Invaders Extreme!

I got the paddle recently and it feels brilliant and accurate. I'm looking forward to more uses with it for future games...dual screen techno-pong anyone?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems pretty cool and all, but unless one was to fall into my lap, I won't bother. There's just not enough games to support me buying one.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If new .... woah fast reply looks different ... games start supporting this, it'd be great I think. Doesn't seem quite worth it for two games at the moment. Great review though, Good work.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MagNetCZ said:
All it needs is to have a homebrew library.
There's no library, but we have the basics figured out and I'm almost ready to release a game that uses it. My game is kind of a similar concept to Space Invaders Extreme, even though I didn't know about that game at all when I started on mine. In the future, though, I'd like to also write a top-down racer and Tempest style game for the paddle. I think there will be a lot of interest in using the paddle among other homebrew developers, too.

...word is bondage...

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
Originally I was super interested in this peripheral... until I tried Arkanoid DS and was horribly disappointed in their remake. Might be good for Space Invaders but honestly this seemed like a must have for Arkanoid fans.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It would be great to play classic vector MAME games if somebody would be brave enough to try to emulate or port them to the DS. Even games like Geometry Wars would benefit from this !
I've been thinking about getting a spinner for a couple of years already, and this little and relatively inexpensive gadget might just do it !

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to get me one of these. Arkanoid is one of my all time favorite series. And this new Space Invaders Extreme just kicks ass. I've been playing it since it's been released. These two games alone warrants a purchase for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, sleeping