Visit site
XP
Country
United States
review.gif
GBAtemp's NDSL replacement case Review
Official GBAtemp Review
_1sm.jpg

Nintendo has released quite a few color combinations for the DS Lite already, but what about those of you looking to make yours stand out from the crowd, or tired of it looking like you've just dragged it to Hell and back? Find out in the review below as we take a look at over 10 different cases from 5 different vendors!

Feel free to leave your comments and questions in response to this thread.

icon11.gif
GBAtemp NDSL replacement cases Review

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skimmed through the pictures to see what each kit looked like, and I must say I think that the WiiRoom ebay seller kit looked the nicest. I'll have to look into changing my DS' shell into that nice gold one.

Going to read all the reviews now
tongue.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude. theres a pikachu housing case?
zomgg. should i replace my housing if i dont have to
cuz having a yellow ds would be so frickin awesomee

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
@thieves like you

From your exprience, which one would you recommened? I am thinking of replacing my current nds lite casing.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Sorry for another post, can we buy from anyother site besides wiiroom (ebay seller)? Surely, he must have bought tham all somewhere.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says in your review that Navy Blue and Ice Blue are available for the Full Housing Replacement Case from DX. I couldn't find it on their site? Know where to get the navy blue from?

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
khan / metroid_phobia:
if I were looking to replace my shell and I wanted a transparent case, I would go with dealextreme. for any of the other cases, I would go with wiiroom.

I'm sure that the cases that wiiroom sells are available through other channels, however I haven't been able to locate them as of yet. and yes, I agree that 40.00+usd is way too much for any case considering what the HK dealers were and still are selling the replacement cases for the original DS systems, but
I guess it's all a matter of supply and demand.

the pikachu top would look pretty good on one of nintendo's cobalt/black or crimson/black systems. it's just the battery and slot-2 covers that appear to have been molded differently, and subsequently end up looking out of place (aka cheap!)

Saylient_Dreams:
I know that dealextreme.com had them at one time. the navy cases are available from wiiroom as well (but at a higher price).

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I have been thinking of modding my DS to WiiRoom's Pikachu edition for a while now, and this review is perfect! Thanks, Thieves Like Us!

Actually, the seller I was looking at was uk-hitech http://cgi.ebay.com/POKEMON-YELLOW-FULL-HO...1QQcmdZViewItem

Does this look like the same type of Pikachu case you got from WiiRoom? This one looks like all the colours are the same, but it's hard to tell from the picture.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice review, I didn't even know it was possible to change the DS case
tongue.gif

There is a copy/paste error on the WiiRoom Packaging section.
you pasted the #C2 into #E2

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome!
My case is broken (yep, the hinge) since a while back, and since I don't have any warranty I can't ask nintendo to replace it.
I haven't bothered to fix it since it broke, but this might give me the strength!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Very unexpected. But very handy as my DS case is wrecked (L button jammed in, hinge moves crap, back battery cover missing and the right has a huge crack) Thanks a bunch man
yaynds.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the review. Ordered the Navy replacement case from WiiRoom since it's a no show on DX. Have some parts missing and the screen is broken, but thankfully hankchill will repair the screen for me.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans