Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
sky3ds-review-banner-png.11763
Hello Temps and Temptresses! As of late, there's been a lot of commotion regarding new flashcarts for the Nintendo 3DS, and among them, the sky3DS, the first 3DS kit capable of booting on 4.5+ firmwares. Today we'd like to happily announce that we have one of those bad boys and we've just finished reviewing it!​
Follow the link below to check out our Official sky3DS Review and stay tuned for more and more awesome reviews at our Review Center!​

RomAnOCrY

Trophies
XP
Country
France
same question, do you have an 4.5 3DS and can you try to boot it ?
I have the sky3DS too, but nothing work on 4.5 !

And.. why did you cut the package !!?? xD

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10/10 Unboxing
1. Great Music, no horrible blasted music that makes you go death
2. Real Package and Real content that isn't fake
3. Such neat and efficient way to utilize scissors

-IGN​

Reactions: Margen67

Buck_7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The contents just keep getting smaller as you open the thing lol.
What is the red (button?) to the left of the card?

[I also cut my packages guys]

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But can it boot on 4.1-4.5 firmwares? Or does it only work on newer versions?
I really don't see why it wouldn't as long as the games are flashed according to the instructions on their site, however I can't verify that as I only have a 9.2 FW 3DS. ;)

Fail for cutting the package while it had some sweet open/close mechanism...
I'm used to blister packaging that requires a power drill to get into, I didn't even notice the flap before I started cutting into the box. :P

What is the red (button?) to the left of the card?
The button is used for switching games. ;)

absinthee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a tip on something to look at for your review.

I got my Sky3DS yesterday and have been playing around with it. I've found that not only can you only have 10 games, you can also only use those 10 specific games (the 10 you flash to the microSDHC card) on that specific cart. I tried flashing a second microSDHC card with other games but the card kind of freaked out when I tried to use it. It just kept flashing through the games and wouldn't stop or let me launch any. Everything worked fine as soon as I put the first microSDHC card back in.

From their FAQ:
Q: What's that mean - "ten 3DS games maximum per SKY3DS card"?
A: You can choose to copy any 10 games into your microSD card at the first time, Sky3DS will "remember" them and you can only play those 10 games no matter if you change the microSD card or not. You do need another SKY3DS card if you want to play more 3DS games anyway.

So it seems that after you flash the first 10 games, those are the only 10 games you can play on that specific cart. I guess they plan on this being their big money maker. :/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just a tip on something to look at for your review. I got my Sky3DS yesterday and have been playing around with it. I've found that not only can you only have 10 games, you can also only use those 10 specific games (the 10 you flash to the microSDHC card) on that specific cart. I tried flashing a second microSDHC card with other games but the card kind of freaked out when I tried to use it. It just kept flashing through the games and wouldn't stop or let me launch any. Everything worked fine as soon as I put the first microSDHC card back in. (Snip!) So it seems that after you flash the first 10 games, those are the only 10 games you can play on that specific cart. I guess they plan on this being their big money maker. :/
Yes, that part of their FAQ has been covered by the review. We want to make it painfully clear - as of today, the sky3DS only works with 10 games, and that's the 10 games you install first. The on-board memory is not rewritable, so choose your games carefully! ;)

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
#Foxi4BadUnboxing2014 ;O;

It really annoyed me when you cut the second envelope in which the cards was lol
You could just pull the thing to open it....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1