Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
GBAtemp's official DSTT review
Slot-1, SDHC, cheat, auto dldi...

The much awaited official GBAtemp review of the DSTT is now up! Check it out to see how well this card stacks up.

The DSTT is a new, cheap slot-1 flashcard that boasts a lot of the latest features like SDHC, cheats, soft reset, saving directly to MicroSD and GBA support with the optional GBA expansion pak. It enters the market out of relatively nowhere but already has an impressive list of features. Few cards come to the market with this sort of functionality upon initial release. Yet, does it actually perform well enough to win people over in this highly competitive market? Read the review to find out!

icon11.gif
DSTT Review
icon11.gif
Official Website

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a really great cart! I hope I get one, otherwise when I get home will have to get back on trying to find a cart to get.
frown.gif
I wants to play my DS again. And Opium, great review, you do good work.
grog.gif

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Contra 4 has a problem creating the save file, have you tried creating a save file on another cart (like the R4)and then copying it over to the TTDS?

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Could the support for Contra 4 be fixed in a FW update?

I just found that the Contra issue just occurs in English kernel, but without problems when using Chinese kernel.

To solve this, you can use the Chinese TTMENU.dat + TTMENU.SYS with the English language.ini

QUOTE(DjoeNtje @ Dec 18 2007, 09:44 AM)Well i played contra 4 with the neoflash 1.07 TTDS kernel

I played withc cheats on and played out the game on easy and medium right till the end, no problems accured
I played 5 levels without cheats, still no problem.

No switching with the chinese files.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks and sounds like an N-Card + R4. Good combo. If I didn't own both already I would get this cart.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
QUOTE said:
Quite possibly one of the best features of the DSTT is that it does not have any sort of battery for retaining saves what-so-ever. When you save a game in-game the save is automatically written to the MicroSD card then and there, rather than be temporarily stored to an onboard chip to be written to the MicroSD next time you boot up the DSTT. This cuts out the middleman so to speak and speeds things up considerably. On the EZ-Flash V you would have to wait some time before each game loaded for the last save to written to your MicroSD and the new game’s save to be retrieved from the MicroSD and written to the onboard chip. Not having these load times made a night and day difference.
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but why the hell is this praised so much?
Even the SLOT-2 SuperCard and M3 Professional had this feature. Not to mention N-Card, R4, M3 Real and G6 Real (OK, not 100% sure about those two), CycloDS, DSLink, eWin2 and so forth. This is a very standard feature, so why did you list it on the 'pros' of this card?

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
i already oredered 2 of these for a friend and im quite pleased to see that this card got a fairly impressive review, i'll make sure to slip in a manual .sav for contra 4 before i give it to him. =)

--------------------------------------------------------===============
Check out my entry for the DSTT's

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
Quite possibly one of the best features of the DSTT is that it does not have any sort of battery for retaining saves what-so-ever. When you save a game in-game the save is automatically written to the MicroSD card then and there, rather than be temporarily stored to an onboard chip to be written to the MicroSD next time you boot up the DSTT. This cuts out the middleman so to speak and speeds things up considerably. On the EZ-Flash V you would have to wait some time before each game loaded for the last save to written to your MicroSD and the new game’s save to be retrieved from the MicroSD and written to the onboard chip. Not having these load times made a night and day difference.
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but why the hell is this praised so much?
Even the SLOT-2 SuperCard and M3 Professional had this feature. Not to mention N-Card, R4, M3 Real and G6 Real (OK, not 100% sure about those two), CycloDS, DSLink, eWin2 and so forth. This is a very standard feature, so why did you list it on the 'pros' of this card?

All EZ-Flash and all G6-Flash cards (including EZ-V and G6 Real) keep save data in an onboard chip. Not sure about the M3 range because I don't have one.

Having dramatically shorter loading times and direct save to microSD is a great feature wouldn't you say? Not all the latest cards have it. It is certainly a big pro for the card. As you can probably tell I was mainly an EZ-V user before the DSTT so the difference was quite big.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Great review, was waiting for this.

Will there come an NEOFlash TTDS review?

And seeing the GBA pak is the same as the Ewin Expansion pak, I'm guessing its also compatible with other flashcards?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU