science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GBAtemp's NPlayer Review
Official GBAtemp Review

The NPlayer is a cart that has slipped under most people's radars. Does it deserve to be in the spotlight? Will it dethrone your current cart of choice? Or is it just a clone of the R4? All these questions and more will be answered when you read the Official GBAtemp Review of the NPlayer.

Leave any questions or comments in this thread.

icon11.gif
 NPlayer Homepage
icon11.gif
 GBAtemp's NPlayer Review
discuss.png
Discuss

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How can:
- Severe lack of features
- Ugly GUI
- Clone of the R4
get this card a Silver award? I'd give it Bronze.

Anyways good review, sci!
smile.gif

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Salamantis said:
How can:
- Severe lack of features
- Ugly GUI
- Clone of the R4
get this card a Silver award? I'd give it Bronze.

Anyways good review, sci!
smile.gif

I originally decided to give it a bronze, but then I figured since this card isn't marketed as a high end super card, it's just marketed to play ROMs, then it deserves a silver because it does what it's supposed to. A silver is a 6-7 on the old scale where it was based out of 10.

rhyguy said:
review said:
Tetris DS
- PASS -Game does not load, two white screens

Thanks, I fixed that.

QUOTE(Calafas @ Jan 1 2009, 04:17 PM)
choise -> choice

but good review
biggrin.gif

Thanks, I'll fix that
tongue.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
science: you did have all the correct files where they need to be for ds doom? it supports dldi so in theory it should load up and play just fine.

great review by the way! you did a lot of testing.

cheers,
-another world

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
science: you did have all the correct files where they need to be for ds doom? it supports dldi so in theory it should load up and play just fine.

great review by the way! you did a lot of testing.

cheers,
-another world

I think I did... it came with a demo file in there and it wouldn't load up..

Thats why I rated it as a problem and not a fail, because I think I may have been the one failing
tongue.gif

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah bronze award i would have given too.
Its just a R4 clone with different name, some problems and no real features.
I cant see how this can compare with itouch, DSTT or M3 Real that have silver too.
But hey good review.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. I don't think it should get a Silver either. But since Science doesn't want to give it a Bronze, perhaps we can give it a different metal that isn't as precious as silver. Copper award? Brass award? Zinc award? Sodium award? [Sodium kinda has a silvery-color to it.. before it catches on fire and explodes when it reacts to water =P]

GBAtemp gives the NPlayer a... Iron Award! Based on IMgod22222's retarded system, due to it being like Iron. It is fairly old, not good for today's applications, does not compete well against today's solutions like steel or titanium (or the CycloDS), and it shows its age very quickly (in the form of rust) yet does accomplish what its set out to do. (See one of them old buildings lately? Chances are they have iron i-beams. If my knowledge of historical architecture is right. Which it probably isn't.)
smileipb2.png

That's right. I went there.

EDIT: No, copper's no good. Nowadays its fairly expensive due to its excellent thermal and conductive properties. Let's not do that one.

11-Diamond
10-Platinum
9-Titanium
8-Gold
7-Copper
6-Silver
5-Iron
4-Zinc
3-Bronze
2-Brass
1-Coal
-5) Talc

Any archeology guru's wanna use Moh's hardness scale to give awards?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohs_scale_of_mineral_hardness
hrth.gif
moogle.gif
hrth.gif
Yay i can't believe I was able to remember all those facts!

Immortal Game

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I also don't think it should have gotten a silver, but I guess it's up to the reviewer, and not the people reading it.
tongue.gif

I love the DS color. Was it store bought, or is it a replacement shell?

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For everyone saying it should have gotten a bronze, a bronze is equal to a 5 or 6 on a scale of 1-10. I felt that since it has 99% ROM compatibility, that it deserved about a 7/10. Silver is a little misleading, making the card seem better then it is, but bronze felt like too low of a score for it. I actually am liking this card more than I thought I would.

What it came down to was that this was between a bronze and a silver in my eyes, and I felt that it performed well enough to be given a bronze and a silver.

If I could have, I would have rated it a brilver, but I can't. This card was closer to a sliver than a bronze, so yeah. Thats why it is a silver.

Man this was a very poorly written post! I am all over the place and repetitive lol

Posts merged

ryan said:
Great review science! Where did you get that Metroid Prime Hunters First Hunt game?!

I bought it off eBay from a really handsome seller!

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Psychoish said:
Yeah, I also don't think it should have gotten a silver, but I guess it's up to the reviewer, and not the people reading it.
tongue.gif

I love the DS color. Was it store bought, or is it a replacement shell?

I bought it second hand, but it is official, the colour is Ice Blue, and you can only get it in Asia and Europe (although I think you might be able to get it in North America now as part of a bundle)

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
imgod22222 said:
science said:
If I could have, I would have rated it a brilver, but I can't. This card was closer to a sliver than a bronze, so yeah. Thats why it is a silver.
See my previous, long-winded post.

Yes, but it is the same as 1-10 scale, which we used to have. I think it gives more freedom to rate, but people would just read the score. This way, people have to read the entire review to find out why it deserves what it was given.

ryan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
science said:
imgod22222 said:
science said:
See my previous, long-winded post.

Yes, but it is the same as 1-10 scale, which we used to have. I think it gives more freedom to rate, but people would just read the score. This way, people have to read the entire review to find out why it deserves what it was given.

Reading hurts my brain. I need a number-score I can just glance at.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup