GBAtemp's 10th Birthday Mario Kart 7 Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulL.Russell

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
3dsforums.com
XP
Country
On the first page it says "your group assignments will be posted on Thursday 18th October" I assume that this means we will find
out who we will be racing against. Will the groups themselves be posted on this thread later today or will they be displayed elsewhere?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
200 Players.
25 Groups.
2 Players go to the next round, that means..... 50 players.
And that means we have 2 players that don't have a group.
6x8=48
Does that mean 2 players are gonna go directly to Round 3?

Reactions: 1 person

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
200 Players.
25 Groups.
2 Players go to the next round, that means..... 50 players.
And that means we have 2 players that don't have a group.
6x8=48
Does that mean 2 players are gonna go directly to Round 3?
Here's an idea:

Split the 25 people that came 3rd into 5 groups (HCF of 25).
The winners of each group get placed into a race with the 2 'remainders' to form a group of 7.

Or:
Simply split the 50 winners into 10 groups of 5 players.

beaujean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could make 23 of the groups have 2 people pass through, and 2 of the groups only have 1 person pass through, leading to 48, 6 groups of 8, then top 3 of those, 3 groups of 18, then 2 groups where top 3 goes to finals and 1 group where top 2 goes to finals, for the last top 8. That would make it 4 rounds total. Qualifying, quarter, semi, and finals. Just an option, there may be better ways of going about this that are a little more fair on the groups.

Simply split the 50 winners into 10 groups of 5 players.
Don't do this, 5 player groups will unbalance the item distribution among places.

LJMarv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You could make 23 of the groups have 2 people pass through, and 2 of the groups only have 1 person pass through, leading to 48, 6 groups of 8

That would be pretty unfair for those 2 groups, everyone should have the same chance.

Kryzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
10 groups of 5 sounds good to me. Also just to clarify it's definitely only going to be 1 GP per round? That doesn't sound like a lot, I think 2 or 3 GPs would better show the skill of the player

LJMarv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
10 groups of 5 sounds good to me. Also just to clarify it's definitely only going to be 1 GP per round? That doesn't sound like a lot, I think 2 or 3 GPs would better show the skill of the player

I have to agree. Almost everyone could win a GP with a bit luck, but a tournament with those prizes should be more skillbased.

nixshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot my Time Zone as well:
PST, Small chance I can't play till the afternoon on Saturday, but don't plan according to me alone ;)

I have a feeling i'll be grouped with the above two.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
The OP has been updated with the group Assignments. The race times will be set most likely tomorrow, in stone. The individual threads for each group has yet still been yet to be created, so stay tuned. Within that thread I will assign a community creator (the guy who has to create the community) For that community creator I will lay out very specific instructions for creating that community. If you fail to abide by these instructions, A new community creator will be assigned, the GP will be re-run, after you (the original community creator) are disqualified from the tourney. These threads are to organize and discuss the race, and to post the picture results of the race. You will have one hour to race the GP and post the results.

Everyone within a set will be racing at the same time. Meaning that there will be TWO race times total.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Flamingo is such a good song 🥰🥰