Hacking WODE:Iso region trouble!

ionmachines

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dear Scene people,
My SETUP is: Japanese Wii white with Firmware 4.2J (it had 4.2 when I bought it USED)
GC2-D2C2 a.k.a. D2C v2 DVD drive with metal clip.

WODE HardMod Only ...... Firm 2.4
Wii Region set to 'JAP' & Region patch set to 'ON', Updates set to 'NO'.

A few questions my friends....should keep you busy....LOL!

Q. Can I have Homebrew & all other Hack channels running alongside my WODE HardMod? And maybe even BootMii etc if need be?

The reasons why I ask is because I am having trouble running ISO's &
Backup discs of ntscUS & PAL titles on my J. Wii! I can run ISO's & Backups of ntscJ titles OK (clean or scrubbed) but not other regions?

Region-Patch (ON/OFF)
[ON] - load any ISOs/discs of every region area (JAP, USA, PAL, KOR), overriding the region-lock (up until Wii firmware 4.1) - Don't tell me my 4.2J is not compatible??????? This was documented like a year or more ago!

Under FLAT WODE I can run Wii & NGC original discs from other regions - NO PROBLEM!??? Do I have to prepare the other region ISO in some way for my WODE to like it, so it will patch it correctly?
Everytime I try to run another regions game I get this stall:

11 Reads
128 KB (round-a-bouts)

It just sits there like a Lemon.....Is there a way to force them to run
without using harsh Language.

PS....Is there an Ultimate WODE guide out there as the official User guide
is not very helpful for Troubleshooting for sure!

Either way, if the WODE is gonna F&*k me about, can I Softmod my Wii while the Wode is still attached so I can play other region ISO's , Discs???

I definately wanna get the Homebrew channels in there and even some emulators & virtual console WADs running - any Tips?!

THANX & CHEERS in advance...

EDIT: Thanx for the info & answer Blue-K.....I'll get on it right away. If you hear
from me again you'll know I'm in trouble...LOL!
BTW, the USBGecko/SE is only for development purposes, it is not needed
to run GeckoOS?

PS - The WODE should play all regions by rights "out-of-the-box" Is it me or what?
What is the best external storage device to use usbHD/SDHC/USBdrive & what
format - NTFS,Ext3/4,WBFS,FAT32(for ISO's or other files less than 4GB of course)

Solution
Yes, you can install the HBC and BootMii, they won't cause any problems. Just run the latest HackMii-Installer from BootMii.org with Bannerbomb (works on 4.2). You can then, for example, try the latest GeckoOS, which should make it possible for you to run Games which aren't from your region.

For the WADS, search for IOS236-Installer, run it, search for YAWMM, run it, choose IOS236, and install your WADS.

http://www.wiibrew.org/

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes, you can install the HBC and BootMii, they won't cause any problems. Just run the latest HackMii-Installer from BootMii.org with Bannerbomb (works on 4.2). You can then, for example, try the latest GeckoOS, which should make it possible for you to run Games which aren't from your region.

For the WADS, search for IOS236-Installer, run it, search for YAWMM, run it, choose IOS236, and install your WADS.

http://www.wiibrew.org/

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.