GBAtemp Weekly Group Highlight: Japanese Language Learning

jp.png

Hey there, and welcome back to our latest front-page series: the weekly group highlight! Are you enjoying all of GBAtemp v8's nice new features? One of the biggest additions to the site is the Groups section, and so it's time to take a look at another standout group made by the community.

Learning Japanese is an interesting idea to many--whether it's because you want to play games that will never get localized, or you're curious about understanding a new language. If you're one of those many, then you'll be excited to know about the Japanese - 日本語 - Language Learning group!

This is a group for all of us who are interested in learning Japanese, no matter which level you are. Let's help each other with resources, answering questions that other members have, practice with each other, or just discuss Japanese learning in general.

Please be patient until the group is completely set up, and come with ideas. The thought is to have sub-forums for different JLPT levels, for practice, for questions, for resources and general discussion.

You can upload photos of your handwriting practice, show your collection of books, and eventually add events to the calendar for practice sessions perhaps? Who knows! :)

So welcome to the group dedicated for learning Japanese! Let's make it a great group!

So if your New Year's resolution is to learn a new language, or you've always wanted to try to learn the language, but haven't gotten around to it, join your fellow GBAtemp users and see what you can learn! Congrats to @Issac for this great group idea, trophy, and 200xp!

:arrow: Japanese - 日本語 - Language Learning

Previously featured groups:

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I wish their is a program thar extract jp text from games and translate them to English from another program like deepl.

Deepl is the best Japanese translation app.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started learning Japanese in 1985, lived there for two years in the early 90's (JET program), my wife of 21 years is Japanese, we use Japanese around the house, and we watch 1 or 2 Japanese TV programs together every night. And I'm still a functional illiterate.

I guess I'll probably subscribe to this group. Anyone with a question, fire away. If I can't answer it I'll ask my wife. If she's not pissed off at me at the time, she might answer. : )

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Everyone is welcome to join the group, share experiences, share struggles, share resources. ask questions, answer the questions, and most of all: come with ideas and suggestions, and maybe even request stuff.

@kernelPANIC already shared his cool game for learning kanji, which I'm looking forward to try out! 😊

Reactions: kernelPANIC

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't see any valid reason for everyone to apply japanese lesson, mind to share here why you want to study japanese? perhaps do u wish to start a new life and live in japan?

Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see any valid reason for everyone to apply japanese lesson, mind to share here why you want to study japanese? perhaps do u wish to start a new life and live in japan?
It's there for those that want it, not necessarily to go to Japan and live there, I mean what about those that want to learn Japanese to play their games or order at restaurant? Or learn a new language for fun, that is why this is an appealing group in general.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Such a cool idea, and while I don't plan on learning Japanese right now (mostly busy with work/programmer life and Spanish that needs more work) I hope it takes off and people contribute more. There is already some good stuff there!

Still, I couldn't help but remember what originally inspired me to try to learn Japanese when I was younger...

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I guess I'll probably subscribe to this group. Anyone with a question, fire away. If I can't answer it I'll ask my wife. If she's not pissed off at me at the time, she might answer. : )
All our lives, we were fed the lie that Japanese women are gentle flowers. Glad I'm not the only one with an easily angry Japanese wife. :P

Reactions: Hanafuda

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Damn, I always dreamed of learning japanese and in fact, I learned the basics (almost finished jpz1) but I never got motivated enough to continue, the problem is I can learn all the thing I want but I eventually forget.

I joined the group, maybe one day I will give it an other chance :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.