Now with more MOOSE!!!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just wanted to get a head start on collecting all the bugs that might be found on this new board, so if you found something you think is a bug please list it as well as you can telling us everything that you did to mess up our new board...

Ok... Kidding aside, if you run into a glitch let us know...

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
GBATEMP.NET < this domain doesnt work properly for everyone
I can't visit GBAtemp using this URL, I have to modify my "hosts" file entering manually an IP address...

the server has the same problem, it can't resolve DNS for gbatemp.net...
so when a PHP script uses functions "include()" 's or "require()" 's or "file()" 's with an absolute url like http://gbatemp.net/somescript.php, it can't load the page properly (this is why you can't see the new releases on portal, since the news script is loaded using the file() PHP function)

the whole thing will be sorted out when the URL will work properly for everyone
smile.gif

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello, I could've sworn you said that you were going to make it so that guests could only view the portal and that's it. However, I was able to freely explore the forum earlier when I was just a Guest.

Dark[Devil]

`^^`
Trophies
Website
www31.brinkster.com
XP
Country
United States
Costello, I could've sworn you said that you were going to make it so that guests could only view the portal and that's it. However, I was able to freely explore the forum earlier when I was just a Guest.

That would be stupid tho wouldn't it? Cuz new members would want to be able to read post and see the members before they decide to register...?

Filb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When I want to use the "Submit Your Rating" feature, it doesn't work.
I mean I can hit the "Submit Rating" button as often as I like but nothing happens. On Internet Explorer it seems to work, but I don't use Internet Explorer. Maybe bad code? Anyone else had this problem yet?

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I mean I can hit the "Submit Rating" button as often as I like but nothing happens. On Internet Explorer it seems to work, but I don't use Internet Explorer. Maybe bad code? Anyone else had this problem yet?

Are you referring to the gOnline release voting? If so, I voted this morning and also just now after reading your post and both of my votes went through fine. I'm using the newest edition of Firefox, so I don't know what could be wrong on your end. Maybe try waiting until the server becomes fully functional again, and try voting at that point.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you click on "Magazine" on the top toolbar it takes you back to the home page.
logoLINK2.gif

................................................................................
..................................................^^^^^^^

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do percentages really matter??
biggrin.gif
We can all tell who is winning.

Demon: Yeah, I tested that button and it doesn't work. The link on the left side of the page for the Magazine works, so I'll try and talk to Costello about fixing the button.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you click on "Magazine" on the top toolbar it takes you back to the home page.
logoLINK2.gif

................................................................................
..................................................^^^^^^^

Fixed!

I'll have to speak to Costello about the percentages though.
Maybe blocking the popup? A new window tells you that your vote was accepted.
Did you refresh the ranking after submitting your entry? Did your entry affect the ranking?

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The member list still has some imperfections.
The "Name begins with" thing and "Toggle More Options" aren't in a good looking place, you'll see what I mean if you go there.

It's an easy enough "fix" but not really a bug.
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
showing percentages on portal sucks, it makes the page look all weird and ugly
frown.gif
I think we already discussed this...

QUOTE said:
The member list still has some imperfections.
The "Name begins with" thing and "Toggle More Options" aren't in a good looking place, you'll see what I mean if you go there.

It's an easy enough "fix" but not really a bug.Â
I'll check it out

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
*Pokes*
Memberlist...

That and the portal still doesn't start all the way at the top like the rest of the forum does.
1. Member list: Hunter will take care of it
2. You can't. Firefox sucks about it. Seems there's no way I can remove it (you might propose a solution?)

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have school in 4 minutes but if it isn't fixed when I come home I'll see what I can do.

[EDIT]

I see, in the portal skeleton template, under the body tag, use style="margin-top: 0;" instead of topmargin="0"
Using CSS is always a safe bet.
smile.gif

And I'm off to school! XD

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the main page under where it says:
Logged in as: jumpman17 ( Log Out ) Forum Rules

There is:
GBAtemp Forum ->Portal

Before when you clicked on GBAtemp Forum, it took you to the forums. Now it just redirects you back to the main page...so basically it does nothing.

If you're browsing the forums, it will take back to the main part of the forums like it should.

Can we fix the main page so that link takes us to the forums instead of the main page?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?