GBAtemp Tournament Week - winners announced!

2020040717410300-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

The 2020 GBAtemp Self Distancing Tournament has come to an end! After an exciting tournament filled with fun, excitement, mishaps, and hype, it's time to announce the final winner of the last competition! But before that, let's give a shoutout to all of our winners from each competition! Give a big congratulations to:

Eyeoncomputers - Street Fighter V
Armadillo - Rocket League
Scarlet - Pokemon Showdown
DSSP - Mario Kart 8 LAN
George3500vr - Overwatch
Green Mii - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Scarlet - Pokemon Sword/Shield

And our newly crowned winners in Smash Bros. Ultimate:
1st: Yamipanda
2nd: Jupiteer
3rd: Karatee

What an exciting match that was! If you'd like to see how it all went down, live, check out the VOD of the finals over on our Twitch!

Now, who won our Animal Crossing: New Horizons house contest? Why, it was Something Whatever, and their meticulously detailed home! Nice job, decorator! All winners have been contacted to receive their prize. Make sure to check your PM inbox.

So, what did everyone think? Did you have a fun time? We sure hope you did! We'd love to hear some feedback from you guys, to see if we should hold these again in the future, any ideas you may have, or any popular games you'd like to see featured! Thanks for participating! :)

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Was I expecting to not win the Animal Crossing competition? Yees and no.
Good job to Something whatever, but god damn it, I was preparing for a full 3 days...
And good job to all the other winners too.

Hopefully a sequel comes soon.

karatee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I enjoyed the Super Smash Bros Ultimate Tournament. It was entertaining! Nice commentary by Meteor7 by the way.
For the next time, I would prefer that not all matches will be streamed. Only a few and the rest should be played "off-stream". It would save a lot of time for the players and the tournament organizers. In addition to that, a discord channel would be very helpful - for a better communication.

Reactions: Chary and relauby

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Are there any games you guys would want to see specifically? Obviously, they’d ideally be ones that lots of people own, etc.
Quake III Arena and Quake Live are a boomer no-brainer for me, depending on your stance on older games. Cheap as hell, runs on any potato, still runs well on any non-potato, a masterpiece of game design, great netcode, fits perfectly into the tournemant formula, server is easy to run.

Last edited by Pipistrele,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are there any games you guys would want to see specifically? Obviously, they’d ideally be ones that lots of people own, etc.
Mario Tennis Aces would be nice.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bubsy 3D 100% completion speedrun tournament
I want this. Now.

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

This would actually be my #1 vote for a new game in a future tournament. Not only is it a great game, but it supports LAN play for both OFW and CFW consoles so a number of people should be able to play. (Assuming the lag is manageable, which it was for Mario Katy 8.)

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I want this. Now.
This one's an awesome idea.

Uno for Nintendo Switch for Banned Users (CFW ONLY) and Uno for Nintendo Switch, maybe Monopoly for Switch ( if it has an wireless or lan mode).
How about tabletop sim? technically any card game can be played within it.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Racing Transformed? Also, why wasn't all these games streamed on twitch or youtube? :blink:
Some were, like Pokémon and Smash. It’s all dependent on the given host if they’re able to. Some people’s internet is being throttled, some have loud family at home constantly now. It’s difficult. Plus, if you wait for everyone, it’s a lot of awkward sitting around calling out no shows. Sonic Racing could definitely be an option tho.

What about cards against humanity on that yixxzy site or whatever. It’s a webpage that pretty much plays the game as normal, but Iran free and supports iirc 12 players.

EDIT: splatoon 2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol