GBAtemp Tournament Week - Pokemon Sword and Shield

swsh.png

With the thrilling Smash Bros Ultimate LAN Play tournament safely behind us, we continue on to the next event: Pokemon Sword and Shield![prebreak]1[/prebreak] This will be using official servers, and as such, you'll need both a copy of the game and an active Nintendo Switch Online subscription. The event kicks off tomorrow, April 6th, at 6 PM in the UK. You may be asking what time that is in your local region? To those unwilling to use a search engine, we have your backs! Click right here and you'll be taken to a countdown for the event. With $50 on the line, you won't want to miss out!

To participate, simply reply to this thread with your in-game name. When the tournament starts, I'll put together a bracket of participants, and you'll battle each other via Link Battle on the Y-Comm. To make things a bit more interesting, the rules we'll be using will be put to a vote, between 3v3 Singles and 4v4 Doubles.

Regardless of format, the following restrictions will apply:
  • All Pokémon are set to Lv. 50, including Pokémon below Lv. 50
  • Duplicate Pokémon are not allowed
  • Duplicate held items are not allowed
  • Dynamax and Gigantamax are legal with no restrictions
  • You may only use one team of Pokemon for the duration of the tournament, with no edits to this team allowed between games
Additionally, the following Pokemon are not permitted:
  • Zacian
  • Zamazenta
  • Eternatus
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Celebi
  • Jirachi
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem
  • Keldeo
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Necrozma
  • Marshadow
  • Zeraora
  • Melmetal
If there's any further information or clarifications wanted, by all means ask away and I'll try my best to get everybody on the same page. Don't forget there's also still time to submit your perfect Animal Crossing New Horizons home designs! Check out the main tournament thread here for more information.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry guys, dealing with some stuff relating to a counterfeit item I was sold on eBay (for $600), so I've been kind of busy (a lot of contacting the the seller, and eBay and PayPal, seller's time zone is 12 hrs ahead of mine and in Europe, so that complicates things) I completely missed the part about people who lost being able to battle.

That's my bad.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,
Reactions: breaktemp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...