GBAtemp Tournament Week - Pokemon Showdown

pokemon-showdown-logo-png-7.png

Do you wanna be the very best, like no one ever was? Because we're hosting a Pokemon Showdown tournament! Join us to see which one of us is the greatest Pokemon Master, in our National Dex "Anything Goes" cup. In this mode, you can bring in any Pokemon you want, even legendaries/ubers--so long as it's a Pokemon, it's viable--no dex cuts here! There'll also be Z Moves, Dynamax, and Mega Evolutions as well, because we wanna see some crazy fights! The matches will be 6v6 single battles, and you'll need to make sure your team is ready prior to the tournament. Let us know if you're ready to take on the GBAtemp Pokemon League, which kicks off April 1st at 12pm CDT. If you're confused about timezones still, that's 1pm EDT, 5pm GMT, 4am ACT, or 7pm CET. Don't forget to post your Showdown username as well! You'll be playing for a grand prize of a $25 giftcard.

More details on the ruleset are available here. For those that want some team ideas, check this out.

When the tournament does kick off, we'll be posting a Challonge bracket so everyone can see the results as they come in. In addition, if you're competing, please make sure to save a replay and share it in this thread, so we can verify the winner of each round.

Good luck, everyone!

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh jeez I forgot about this :/
Am I too late to join?
also is this gen 8 anything goes?
so whatever it validates is okay?
edit: jeez I'm tired looks like I'm fine haha
Username: MythicalData

Last edited by Mythical,
Reactions: Scarlet and safan41

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’ll sign up for this too. I haven’t played a Pokémon game since Yellow, so I’ll be easy pickings for whoever’s paired against me in the first bracket (unless I’m facing off against @Ericzander, in which case it’ll be a battle to see who’s slightly less of a complete noob).

My username is relauby.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question can we dump our teams from genVIII (pending verification) using pk hex and import them into PS? also ptkurisu is my user name welp I'm ready i think i can get atleast one win thats all i'm aiming for at least would be nice to win one compitition for once

Last edited by chrisrlink,
Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
question can we dump our teams from genVIII (pending verification) using pk hex and import them into PS? also ptkurisu is my user name welp I'm ready i think i can get atleast one win thats all i'm aiming for at least would be nice to win one compitition for once
I mean you can, but Showdown has its own team builder you could just use lol

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Meh; I stopped caring about Pokemon the very instant the Switch games - all four of them - removed content that no previous game ever removed.

Sure, I'll still play the good games (the ones that are actually worth playing, since they're of high quality - Black 2, Platinum, HeartGold, Emerald, FireRed, Yellow, Crystal, Explorers of Sky, Blue Rescue Team, Ultra Sun/Moon, Colosseum, XD: Gales of Darkness, Ranger: Shadows of Almia, Ranger: Guardian Signs), but watching new Pokemon content on YouTube, let alone playing the games myself?
Forget it.

Saying, that, Showdown is currently doing things better than the developers themselves, since they have a ladder for ALL 890 Pokemon plus Mega Evolution, and (if I'm remembering correctly) no idiotically-dropped moves whatsoever, meaning Normal-type physical attackers actually have a reliable and powerful STAB in Return, and special attackers have Hidden Power to grant needed coverage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...