GBATEMP ~ Thank's (suggestions)

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by lookout, Jul 11, 2008.

Jul 11, 2008
  1. lookout
    OP

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

1. Number of "Thanks" given and number of "Thanked from member of user"
    2. The Following *number* Users Say Thank You to *member* For This Useful Post:
    3. Display the user member thanked from date and time.
    4. click to thank. (no u-turn)

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Looks very interesting.. .Now, if that list would be made like a open/close (dropdown) window, and the whole system would memorize the amount of thanks in total, it would be really neat...

3. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Might be usefull on news topics and blogs.. but not on all posts..

4. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Oh God, no, any kind of karma system is the lamest that could be added to the any forum.

5. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Yeah, I agree with what laggy said. Like a trading rep list (positive/negative) would be good in the Trading Forum. If there is one already in place, I'm sorry, I never ever checked that forum. >_____

6. itsRANDELL

Member itsRANDELL GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It does seem interesting. But does the person being thanked get anything than just thanks?

7. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    I actually think some sort of karma system here would improve the posts around here (which is badly needed). [​IMG]

8. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Not really, you see democracy just work for some few things, internet forums is not one of those.

A stupid 4chan joke gets 53 thanks or positive votes or karma points or whatever you wanna call it and a long post that is actually helpful doesn't get any because no one bothered reading it. And don't get me started with Florida's karma points, lol.

The opposite, giving negative points to stupid comments -and hiding them after X number of negative votes- is a better idea, but again, there's already a report post function for that. Also, isn't the forum kinda bulky already without that bar under every post? I'd rather use that space -if necessary- to put google ads and help to cover the cost of keeping the site running, but that wont happen, GBAtemp is too cool for that [​IMG].

9. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Karma systems never work. People give karma to their friends on every post and/or give bad karma to people they just don't like. I mean, look at our rating system for games. Barbie games have 100 votes with about 98% rating.

10. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    Karma doesn't work here, but it did work on gbatmw, where the best uploaders had the most karma (which was me, at one time.......). I would like to see a hidden (not on every page) battle system like 1emulation has. That would rock.