Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
package.png
GBAtemp Tempmas Mini-Comp #3
I'm a Poet and I Didn't Know It...

Yesterday's Competition Winner: Curley5959! Congratulations, you've just won a neat Charging Station for your Nintendo DS! Your entry was the cutest of all, although there was interesting competition! We had a lot of fun going through the various submissions (we'll be compiling a list soon, and for the 1st competition too). You will be contacted by a member of the staff soon to claim your prize.

smurfpoet.png
Today we announce the the third day of the Daily Tempmas Mini-Competitions that GBAtemp will be having throughout the month! If you didn't see the announcement about the mini-competition, kindly click here. Yesterdays competition came up with great results! We're sure you'll love today's competition...

c8.gif
Today's competition
Write a poem about your favorite GBAtemp member! That's right, you'll have to write up a poem about your favorite fellow Temper and let us read it.
There's really no rubric for today's competition. The poem can be happy, sad, heart-warming, funny - whatever! Just remember to be creative, and good luck!

icon14.gif
How to enter?
Please follow these instructions very carefully! We will not be accepting your entry if you fail to comply with all the instructions.

To enter, simply send an email to [email protected] with your entry. As this competition is be text based, you won't need to attach your entry to the e-mail (but it must of course be present). You may also post your entry on the forums if you so wish, but remember to send the e-mail too otherwise you won't be entered in the contest!

tempmaspackage.png
Winners & prizes
We will reveal the winner and the prize for this competition tomorrow, when the next competition is announced! Remember that prizes will be getting better and better at each competition, and that we will have a special contest on Christmas Eve! You have until tomorrow, 8:00pm GMT to enter this competition! Again, if poetry isn't your cup of tea, please do not worry as we will be having a different theme every day! Good luck everyone!

smile.gif
Special Thanks
We would like to thank all the staff members that have been involved in the event organization so far, without forgetting our generous partner shops!

YallStore.com · KickGaming.com · IShopVideoGame · DealWoot
Remember that the best way you can support GBAtemp is to buy from our partner websites!
(IShopVideoGame was formerly known as GameYeeeah)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, a poem... Nice, that should be something I have a chance at
tongue.gif

By the way, is there any rule on the format you send your poem in? I'd normally send it in OpenDocument, but I guess you guys use Microsoft Word and can't read that?

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Maikel Steneker said:
By the way, is there any rule on the format you send your poem in? I'd normally send it in OpenDocument, but I guess you guys use Microsoft Word and can't read that?
DieForIt says:
For the third competition: do you need to attach a txt file or a word file?
shaunj66 says:
txt please
smile.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Maikel Steneker said:
Ah, a poem... Nice, that should be something I have a chance at
tongue.gif

Yes I realised this and made the necessary adjustments to the rules
smile.gif

icon14.gif
How to enter?
Please follow these instructions very carefully! We will not be accepting your entry if you fail to comply with all the instructions.

To enter, simply send an email to [email protected] with your entry. As this competition is be text based, you won't need to attach your entry to the e-mail (but it must of course be present). You may also post your entry on the forums if you so wish, but remember to send the e-mail too otherwise you won't be entered in the contest!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
Law said:
Does the poem have to rhyme?

Can it be a Haiku?
You're a writer, you may write it in any for you wish, but ask yourself, if you were the judge, which kind of poem you'd enjoy the most
wink.gif

smile.gif
I'll write something during my free period at college tomorrow, now to just decide who to write about.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
photo-27232.jpg

"Hadrian"​

there once was a member called Hadrian,
in fact there still is, renamed Gaydrian
hailing from Southend,
he does not pretend,
that he likes the odd nacho cheese McCoys.

he was once a well known Ghostbuster,
but that career ended, what a bummer.
now with his time he makes us all happy,
whilst he's changing his kids nappies,
informing us with his latest release piece.

the Atari 2600 is his baby,
whether it's better than his IRL, that's a maybe.
in H.E.R.O he knows,
just where to go,
making it his favourite game of the century.

we once tried to record a Tempcast,
Episode 16, I'm scared it's our last.
you gave me a smile,
I felt like I could walk miles
with you, my love, hand in hand.

moozxy, I'm sorry it was bad.
science, dude, we were a fad.
(I think I once slept with Orc - oh egad!)
p1ngpong, I loved you,
B-Blue, who are you?
ultimately it's Hadrian who is my boo~

love-heart.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol