Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
GBAtemp Supervisor becomes journalist
extra! extra!

For the last four weeks I've been working as a journalist for my local daily newspaper. It's the first paid work I've had as a journalist and I'm loving the experience.

I've been getting about 2-3 stories published each day, so needless to say I've now got a lot of published stories to fill out my resume` and scrapbook!

I'm on University holidays at the moment and I go back at the start of February to complete my final year of my Bachelor of Communication with majors in Journalism and Communication & Media Studies.

So yeah, work has been keeping me away from GBAtemp lately along with other things that have come along in my life. I hope to be back to full posting force after I finish my final week of work this week.

Here's a few of the stories I've written. It's a very community orientated paper, so it does local news rather than national hard hitting stuff. It's great fun to write though. I'll post more once I've scanned them in. Enjoy!

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Congrats to you!
smile.gif
Great work!

The amount of typos and grammar errors are unbelievable though!

I kid, I kid
tongue.gif

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
extra! extra!

For the last four weeks I've been working as a journalist for my local daily newspaper. It's the first paid work I've had as a journalist and I'm loving the experience.

I've been getting about 2-3 stories published each day, so needless to say I've now got a lot of published stories to fill out my resume` and scrapbook!

I'm on University holidays at the moment and I go back at the start of February to complete my final year of my Bachelor of Communication with majors in Journalism and Communication & Media Studies.

So yeah, work has been keeping me away from GBAtemp lately along with other things that have come along in my life. I hope to be back to full posting force after I finish my final week of work this week.

Here's a few of the stories I've written. It's a very community orientated paper, so it does local news rather than national hard hitting stuff. It's great fun to write though. I'll post more once I've scanned them in. Enjoy!

I enjoyed the article on the flying foxes. They are hilarious looking
tongue.gif

Great work...you should keep posting these here. I love reading news from other countries. Keeps it fresh and reading about local issues is much better then reading about the government and wars and whatnot.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Cheers both of you
smile.gif

@JKR, A flying fox actually caused a blackout last night in my neighbourhood when it flew into a high voltage power line. I wrote a short brief for the paper on it today. I can't seem to shake flying foxes myself lol

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cheers both of you
smile.gif

@JKR, A flying fox actually caused a blackout last night in my neighbourhood when it flew into a high voltage power line. I wrote a short brief for the paper on it today. I can't seem to shake flying foxes myself lol

HAHAHAHA

They remind me of the muskrats we have around here...cept for they don't fly...

They cause all sorts of trouble. They're like huge rats and they chew thru everything! I'll get a pic of one and post it when I get off of work.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
extra! extra!

Nice work! It's always good to make some money doing what you love to do
smile.gif

On a side note, I read the one about the rising park fees, and I saw the thing about how that one guy used to camp for 6 weeks but can't anymore because it's too pricey...but I bet his kids are thanking whoever jacked the prices up because now they don't have to stay in a tent with their whole family for the entire summer break XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Do you remember this song?