GBAtemp Stream Shows.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Nujui, May 15, 2011.

May 15, 2011

GBAtemp Stream Shows. by Nujui at 9:07 PM (3,063 Views / 0 Likes) 76 replies

1. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    As some of you know, me and a couple others are making a "GBATemp Steam". This thread will serve as a show time thread for when this get's started and other things.

Streamers:

Duskye(Me): http://www.livestream.com/gbatempstream
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Personuser: http://www.livestream.com/recorderdudesstream

Jamstruth: http://livestream.com/jamstruthstreams

Devin: http://www.livestream.com/roxasissora
    Antoligy: http://www.justin.tv/antoligy
    Jolan: http://www.livestream.com/jolan

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Right, my stream is set up and tested for running some decent specced games at a decent res. So...

Wednesday night I'm planning a runthrough of the first episode of the Doctor Who Adventure games at around 7pm GMT. Any of you Yanks will get to see a game you don't get to otherwise play and all Brits...well you get to see me wrestle with the bad controls and generally fail at puzzles.

3. Nujui
    OP

United States
    Just so you know, any of this is can be subjected to change since its' Another World that is helping me making this offical.

4. Jamstruth

United Kingdom
    I can still run my stream, it just might not be posted on the main page etc. So yeah... UNOFFICIAL STREAM HO!!!

5. Nujui
    OP

United States
    Yeah, pretty much lol. Just think of it as a "Test Stream", see how other people like it.

6. Nujui
    OP

United States
    Ah, now that the other thread is closed things can be a bit cleaner.

7. Leo Cantus

Member Leo Cantus So zeta slow!

United Kingdom
    I watched your Persona 3 stream, thought I might as well since it's one of my favourite games evar and I had nothing else to do. The quality was overall good but there was a little screeching sound in the background that got annoying after a while. But anyway, I enjoyed it so keep up the good work.

8. Nujui
    OP

United States
    Yeah I fixed that. Just needed to adjust sounds.

9. Nujui
    OP

United States
    I'm actually going to be doing a Test Stream of Persona 3 right now, so if anyone wants too see it, just go the the channel.

10. Recorderdude

Member Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

United States
    Just ran a test stream with Duskye for various emus I hadn't tried yet.

Virtual Boy was unplayably slow (I need a better emulator)
    N64 and PS1 ran PERFECTLY.
    DAPHNE ran perfectly.
    MAME actually lagged a tiny almost un-noticable bit running popeye (nintendo), lawl.
    Everything else ran nice too.

So yeah. Plenty of stuff I can stream.

EDIT: Forgot to test Portal. If you wanna see a test run of portal, go here: http://www.livestream.com/recorderdudesstream

stream's done. Portal runs like crap. World Of Goo Runs Nice but seemingly no sound. I'll be sticking to emulation [​IMG] Tested streaming videos too and that goes over nicely.

11. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
  12. Jamstruth

United Kingdom
    Does uStream have similar software to LivestreamProcaster for streaming games etc?

Also it was mentioned in the other thread that us streaming games would have copyright issues so we wouldn't be verified. Thing is that Livestream hae software specifically set up to do that so something tells me its not against copyright to show the games.

13. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    I might be interested in doing this. I'm leading the KNIGHTS club next year at my school (Kind-hearted Nerds Inciting Great Heroics Through Streaming [​IMG]) and we'll be doing a few gaming charity marathons now and again. I think our next one is a Legend of Zelda marathon (3 heart challenge) and then after that I want to do a Kingdom Hearts marathon (practicing my level 1 Critical Mode skills for this one).

Only problem for us is bandwidth, we're trying to locate someone with upload speed greater than 1mbps. Not to mention schoolwork. But put my name down anyway http://www.livestream.com/knightmarathons

14. Nujui
    OP

United States
    I'll have to think about it. We were suppose to have 6 streamers, but luke_c asked and said that he wouldn't be able to do for awhile.

But to all the other streamers, this is what I need from you. (Some of you anyways.)

"OK, this is what i am going to suggest to you. get me the date/times you are going to do this a few days before and i'll make a front page post introducing it. if you are going to keep to a regular schedule (like every weekend) let me know so i can put that in the post. after that you can do what you want and have fun with it.

after a month or so of streams, if it seems to be rather popular, users in involved, you are discussing good topics, etc, i'll talk to the admins about adding the stream to the official temptv category. IF that happens you will be staff and responsible for the stream. IF that happens we will have to set some ground rules, things like no warez link/forum discussions, no swearing, you know the type of things that would not represent gbatemp. but don't worry about those things until we see how this goes, so for now just have fun with it.

sound good?

-another world"

So, to Jamstruth: Just give me a time and date, you can still stream Wensday if you like, but it will not be put on the front page. Same with the rest of you. and I'll put mine their in a minute.

15. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Sounds good. I'll be creating a few streams of Pokemon later this week, but I'd like opinions what what viewers would like me to play.

16. danweb

Member danweb GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    In case anyone would like to know i have a live streaming channel at www.justin.tv/pressatojump. It goes along with our show (the podcast in my signature). We aren't doing any streaming at the moment, but we have done some a few weeks ago and we are planning another in a few weeks. It is harder for us because we need to organize getting everyone at the same location at the same time to present. Good fun though! [​IMG]

Why no love for Justin.tv here? It is a great streaming site. It's better than ustream but i haven't heard of livestream.com

17. Jamstruth

United Kingdom
    Wednesday is my best opening this week. I'm kinda in the middle of exams at the moment so my stream will still go on Wednesday and we'll see how it goes without official support.

18. Recorderdude

Member Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

United States
    This is actually something Duskye and I were discussing about the streams. I suggested that for certain streams we have a "poll" topic with 5-10 games a given streamer would be willing to play as options on the poll. The GBATemp users could vote on it, and the streamer would play the majority voted game. Not only does this promote the fact that a streaming will occur, it also ensures higher viewer numbers because the members will be choosing what THEY want to see played. I was thinking to keep things nice and neat the poll topic would change every time a poll is over and someone else wants to do a stream poll, but I don't know if that's possible right now...if Duskye, I and whoever else is contributes a lot of streams become "streaming staff" it might be but I honestly don't know. It may have to wait.

Another thing we were discussing was having one stream streaming the "GBATemp game of the week" FAST6191 picked for that week, probably once a weekend for a couple hours, as long as someone is able to stream it (E.G. if game of the week is a 360 game and nobody has a 360-to-computer screen recording cable, that couldn't be done). Since FAST wanted to make it like a "book club", I figure this would be like "reading" the first few "chapters" of the game in a group, getting others more interested in "reading" further into the game themselves. In this way, both events will advertise themselves; people coming to the stream will hear about game of the week, and people going to game of the week could hear about when some of that game will be streamed.

There were a few other things I threw out but I don't remember what they are. Regardless I think Duskye sent all of these suggestions out to Another World already.

As for other places, I've signed up for both Ustream and Justin.tv. I may try BOTH later on, maybe even today. If I do I'll put up a channel link.

I don't have any set streaming times yet, but I think I'll try and do something each weekend, maybe 6-8 P.M. on saturdays and/or sundays. Just have to make sure that dad doesn't have any plans for these times on the weekend.

19. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    I'm interested, I can both stream and provide resources.
    Also, here's a little list of games I own: Clicky
    Test streams: boop

EDIT: it would appear all my fun recordings have gone, I'll miss you F.E.A.R. & Portal without upload lag.

20. Nujui
    OP

United States
    I'm thinking about, I don't know if luke_c is still gonna stream, he said he would like to be involved but couldn't for awhile, so you'll have to wait and I'll ask him about it. We have about 6 streamers if he's still willing, and that's the number me and personuser are shooting for. So, unless someone on the list doesn't want to be apart of this or luke doesn't want too, than their would be places opened.

And Devin, could you give me the precise date and time?