OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Several of the things you mentioned are in the list of things we touched on but didn't resolve. Just an FYI.

I will keep you all informed, as will pretty much any mod, don't worry.

One more option I just thought of while speaking to KotaInka: Rather than the chaos of IRC, the publicity of a forum, or the popularity contest of an election, we make a topic, lock it, and people use Report a Post to reach the mods with their concerns? Just one last option.

-Tempest out.-

gba2002

GBA SP Masta
Trophies
Website
www.ausgba.tk
XP
Country
im a bit late posting but congrats to my good friend Opium for becoming a global mod, thats mad. I wish i could become a mod coz im always on here even times when there is no mod here, i have seen it b4 believe me.

mole_incarnate

Watermelon!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.iinet.net.au
XP
Country
Um wow. I am so angry that I missed the meeting (lets just say... SLEEPING... meeting was at 6:30am my time...), ill try my best to get to the next one. DAMN YOU WORK, WHY DID YOU MAKE ME SO EXAUSTED!

Congrats are in order I think, im quite happy with the moderator changes... and im quite open to any suggestions that people make, seems everyone else is too
smile.gif

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Congrats are in order I think, im quite happy with the moderator changes... and im quite open to any suggestions that people make, seems everyone else is too .
smile.gif

Who are you and what have you done with the real mole?

Congratulations on your promotion mole.
biggrin.gif

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dang you KotaInka and your Ronin sig! I think your ronin now everytime you post! *goes insane*
But heres my 2 cents:
A moderated mIRC meeting sounds the best, on an undisclosed server in an undiclosed channel.
wink.gif
this way no leakage will occur unless wanted, that is. Because the thought of a locked forum topic sounds very formal to me.

mole_incarnate

Watermelon!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.iinet.net.au
XP
Country
*reads logs*

Lets just say theres a lot of stuff we dont want you to read in there, but, if it was released to the public, it wouldnt help at all, really, theres no point to release em. Although ive only read the first half of it (its pretty big).

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But heres my 2 cents:
A moderated mIRC meeting sounds the best, on an undisclosed server in an undiclosed channel.
wink.gif
 this way no leakage will occur unless wanted, that is. Because the thought of a locked forum topic sounds very formal to me.
Yeah, you can password on accessing a channel. Or make it invite only or something of the sort.

NeoBahamut

Dragon King of GBATemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hmm... let's just say congrats to GBATemp global mods...
and I hope this will be a better environment...(like before)
Anyway... I also hope this weill be an improvment for us

-Bahamut Unsummoned-

-PS... about the log... I don't think it would be very appropreate for everyone, since the mods might be thinking of something evil... who knows...
anyway... releasing a log to a meeting isn't a good idea

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, releasing the log certainly wouldn't be a good idea. We wouldn't want to reveal our little conspiracy to replace KiVan with a clone and conquer the forum and, then, the entire net now, would we?
ph34r.gif

Umm, what I mean is... Well, you see, it's just that... I'll shut up now.

tongue.gif
Okay seriously, we were discussing on what to do with the moderating team and how to improve the forum. We still have some matters to settle so we'll schedule another private meeting sometime in the future. The log will just be kept for any mods and admins who have missed the meeting today.

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For anyone wishing they were there, or wishing to see the " log" picture the meeting of the Ent's in LOTR...

Congrats to all my fellow mods, even the ones who didn't get bumped up as they are just as important as everyone else, as are the members of the board because without you guys there wouldn't be much of a board...

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, congratulations to "all the uppers" as some may say.
Keep up the good work.

One more thing!
If possible for any of you to do, could you make a new color scheme for the layout? I don't mean to offend by saying this, but it kinda gets boring with this blue color scheme every time I come here...which is everyday, almost...lol

Once again, congrats to all the uppers.

Out.

Fusion Master

WOW Addict :0
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm... It seems like a good idea have some members involved in the meeting. The trouble would be how to decide the members. Possibly with experience (how long they've been here) or those that the mods and members look up to? It would take a while to work out who and then it would have to be decided how many members could be involved. This would all take time...

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would like to say congratulations to all the Mods who were upgraded.
Garp: You should know by now that the Electoral College is just barely better than the college football BCS Rankings.
smile.gif
(Gore - Bush ring any bells??) (USC - LSU ring any bells??)
I'm glad that certain Mods were released although there are probably more that deserve the axe too.
I hope your next meeting will be just as productive as this one.

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Following directions left on the front page, I'll go ahead and post mine here. I have no problem leading the charge as it were. Please keep in mind, these come from good intentions for the good of a community I love.

1) Tempest Stormwind needs to be immediately bumped up to Supervisor, should he agree to the additional responsibility. I don't think I would be going out on a limb when I say he is one of the most respected people in the community. While new people to the board may notice he has the most posts here upon arrival, they will undoubtedly come to find he is also one of the most informative and helpful. Whenever possible, he goes above and beyond the call of duty to help users and give them far more information than they probably realized they were going to get. To tell you the truth, there isn't much I can say about TS that the community doesn't already know and respect. I can't speak for the mods and haven't really been asked to speak for the community as a whole, but I feel comfortable in saying he has performed his duties excellently and with integrity, which should earn him the right to take a seat at the supervisor's table. I will continue on in...

2) Currently, the ruling body made up of admins and supervisors is either not present for great lengths of time or too much of a presence on the channel as compared to the forum. This goes hand in hand with my belief that those who spend the majority of their time on the channel should not represent a great moderating presence on the board and vice versa. They are two distinct worlds in a sense. The channel operates from the shadows while the board is the public relations piece of the community. It often seems that people spending too much time on the channel are desensitized to what goes on and let too much get by on the boards. So, in short, we need a significant board presence on the ruling body to offset those who shouldn't even make up that much of a presence on the board. That is said with no ill will towards those, but rather an innocent observation and belief that the two need to be as distinct as possible. Admittedly, part of the problem could be the rules not being strong enough, which leads to ambiguity. This leads me to...

3) The rules need to be greater clarified or better followed. There are too many yahoos running around now in a stage of infancy if you will. We need to enforce the rules better or enhance the rules if that is the problem, so that this rogue element is snuffed out at an early period of time before they turn into the element that gets kicked out only after ages of abuse and public ludeness. As more and more of the trash element from other large boards find this board, it is going to get worse. Admittedly, great steps were taken tonight to remedy it, but if all aspects of my #1 and #2 aren't remedied, then the rules situation must be addressed, which leads me into...

4) While the database errors will ultimately need to be resolved near the top, the so called "Spam" issue needs to be addressed. A definitive definition must be reached. For one, those who spend most of their time on the channel, shouldn't be declaring what is or isn't spam, especially when it involves certain topics. There are topics on the board that are near and dear to those who love the board. Only they can appreciate those topics. It is important to note, that in the interim, a couple of other topics were not singled out and remain open, even though they could likely be grouped together with Grog and Above Meh. More importantly, if it should be determined that the two topics do not take up a great deal of space, they should be immediately opened. The ultimate decision must not be based on one of taste, but rather feasibility, because one man's trash is another's gold. What some may disdain, other's enjoy.

5) Finally, the 0 post users issue seems to be a joke if it is all based on GBATemp being the largest community. After all, if they aren't here posting, they really aren't part of the community. Regardless, we'll still be the best community. If they don't post after a certain period of time, they should be removed. This carries the extra benefit of returning unused names to the pool for people to take who would actually use them.

Well, that is all for now. I would like to reiterate that these are submitted with the best of intentions and for love of the community I wish to help stay great, strong, and prosperous.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
For anyone wishing they were there, or wishing to see the " log" picture the meeting of the Ent's in LOTR...
The ents are faster at getting things discussed then we are
tongue.gif

@KotaInka2, I agree with most of the things you said. There is certainly a lot to discuss still. We need to have another meeting soon
ph34r.gif

Revolution Die

Awkward Silence
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its really good to see that the staff are having meetings and solving some of the issues.I will also like to give congratulations to the people who were upgraded to Global mods.I know you guys will do a great job.

mynimal

Kyoji sux.
Trophies
Website
www.mynimalistic.net
XP
Country
So, basically:

No log files.

KI resembles Ronin now. :Wacky:

A certain amout of members will be selected to be in the next meeting.

Congrats to all the new globals! ^-^

*Gives a cookie and a bottle of champoo (New brand!) to the downers*
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp