tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
The Nintendo Seal of Quality (currently known as Official Nintendo Seal in NTSC regions) is a gold seal that was first used by Nintendo of America and later adopted by Nintendo of Europe which places it on any game licensed for use on one of its video game consoles, denoting that the game has been properly licensed by Nintendo (and in theory, been checked for quality). It is a golden starburst seal that says inside "Original Nintendo Seal of Quality" or "Official Nintendo Seal". The starburst is circular in PAL regions such as Europe and Australia, while it is in the shape of an ellipse (oval) for NTSC regions.

QUOTE said:
One of the major reasons for the Video Game Crash of 1983 was customer dissatisfaction with a large portion of the introduced games.[citation needed] They were considered technically poor, tasteless or both; a particularly notorious example is Custer's Revenge. Many games were simply commercial tie-ins, such as the much maligned video game version of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.[citation needed] The Atari 2600, the biggest console on the market, had no lockout device, so anyone who could get programming tools could make and market a game for it. Games were rushed to market, resulting in poor titles and low consumer credibility.

When the Official Nintendo Seal of Quality was used, the meaning of the seal was explained as follows:

This official seal is your assurance that Nintendo has approved the quality of this product. Always look for this seal when buying games and accessories to ensure complete compatibility with your .

Because Nintendo does not use the seal anymore, and the amount of shovelware is gigantic, I say lets make our own Gbatemp Seal of Quality! Or a Gbatemp seal of shovelware! Such as bellow!
smile.gif

shovelwaretemp%20copy.jpg
qualitytemp%20copy.jpg

wub.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo have just trademarked the Seal of Quality again so maybe they do plan on reusing it.

Anyway I'll still be using this on my threads.

slyboots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this is a great idea, the Shovelware star is quite a good idea, But I would have a suggestion that you make the two look visually different as right now it would be very easy to confuse the two..

Perhaps Silver / bronze for the Shovelware award and gold for the seal of quality?

Railgun

( ' _ ' )
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nice idea, but the shovelware logo should be looking more like crap
biggrin.gif

maybe something like this:

shovelwaretempcopy2tc6.jpg

Edit:

maybe a stuff member can add something like this to the main page:

unbenannt2uc2.jpg

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what would be cool is to use the GBAtemp dude in the banner (if he has a name, I don't know what it is) with a big thumbs up for good games and hardware, and the same dude but with an angry, depressed or disgusted look and a thumbs down for shovelware/crap games or hardware.

I'd attempt to actually make the logos, but I absolutely suck at PhotoShop and it would look like crap if I tried.

I think that would have a lot more character on this site than using Ninty's old logo as a template. It would also be truly "original".

Just my opinion of course.

Railgun

( ' _ ' )
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hows about this?
i done it realy fast, it is a bit more gbatemp like
smile.gif

Edit: Seal of Disapproval added and both pics uploaded as png.
Edit2: fixed the mouth of the golden one and changed the font.

GBAtemp%20Seal.png

GBAtemp%20Seal%20disapproval.png

maybe the heads only will do the job.
smile and gold = good
sad and gray = bad
biggrin.gif

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Good idea, but most of the gbatempers probably know if the game is shit or not, but but but it's still ok.
Other hand moms buying games for their kids don't know which is quality. : P
(That's why tehy probably added that seal in the first place dunno)

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good idea, but most of the gbatempers probably know if the game is shit or not, but but but it's still ok.
Other hand moms buying games for their kids don't know which is quality. : P
(That's why tehy probably added that seal in the first place dunno)

Thats true, but in the release threads it could be funny!

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I agree. It would be really useful.

I jsut created a thread about the same "mood", that Was caused by shovelware.

Because by testing and playing shovelware, not quality product, the gamer's pleasure go away.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.