GBAtemp Review: EFA-Linker II 1Gbit

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Nov 24, 2005.

Nov 24, 2005
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
  2. spectral

spectral Newbie

I have the EFAII, got a free upgrade to it from the EFA team because my new computer has major compatibility problems with the original EFA. I completely agree with the review. Hopefully the problems such as only alowing short file names and no RTS(yet). I also have it on good authority that a new EFA lite will be released soon. It's apparently pretty much the same thing as the original EFA but with no real time clock. It will come in 256,512 and 1Gbit and like the original EFA wont have the U-disk, all the memory will be the faster type that games can run from. It will also have the same NDS compatibility as the EFA.

3. teh_raf3

Member teh_raf3 Whatever suits you

Belgium
    Intresting review, only one question pops out in my head though.

When you flash a game to the cart that needs eeprom, but isn't patched. And you use the real time saving function, will this still work the next time you boot up the game and try to load the real time save?

4. spectral

spectral Newbie

RTS isn't usuable atm so its hard to say. The option is in the client but its greyed out and unselectable. Tbh there really is no need to not use the client, its stable and easy to use. Also there is also the option of using other software to prepatch EEPROM games. Also currently the client wont patch EEPROM_v125 and EEPROM_v126 so you need to use GBATA before putting games using those save types on the EFAII.