GBAtemp Recommends Revival # 016

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp_recommends_revivla_logo2_build-1.png

Welcome to the 16th issue of the GBAtemp Recommends Revival Project! This project is a weekly magazine feature where we share our favorite games and applications with you. The things we recommend may be "old school" titles, a Homebrew, a ROM hack, sleeper hits, an application, etc, but one thing's for certain, we think they are fantastic and deserve your attention!

GBAtemp Recommends!

SpoutEX​

gallery_113027_79_79.png
gallery_113027_79_4790.png

This week in GBAtemp Recommends we take a look at Spout, a quirky little game originally made by Kuni in 2002 to be played on the PC through Windows. In 2006 birslip ported the game to the GBA and DS. In 2007, Alekmaul released an enhanced adaptation of the game called Spout Extended with added color, background music, DS Motion support, and a now defunct online leader board for high scores.

In Spout, your goal is to guide your ship as high as possible through a vertical cave of sorts without crashing. The path is blocked though, and you must destroy the walls and ceiling to clear your way. Sounds easy, but there's a catch to the game, you don't have a gun to blast your way through - instead you must use the exhaust from your ship to erode away any surroundings that hinder your way, which can result in some tricky maneuvers. There is also time limited check points that adds a bit of urgency to the gameplay.

The map is randomly generated so it's always a fresh challenge, and the game is great for a quick play because of the simple premise, and because it's just plain fun. So grab a copy of Spout from the download links below, give it a whirl and see how far you can get!

Genre: Abstract Vertical Shooter
Type: Homebrew
Developer: Kuni/birslip/Alekmaul
Release Date: March, 2007
ROM Size: 712KB
System: GBA/DS

If you enjoyed this weeks edition of GBAtemp Recommends! please leave a comment in the thread. This helps us monitor feedback and ensures we keep posting these articles in the future.

icon11.gif
SpoutEX Page
download.gif
Download DS
download.gif
Download GBA
download.gif
birslip version DS/GBA
controller.png
Official GBAtemp Recommends! Mini-Page & History

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i got addicted to this game for awhile. its a great pick-up-and-play game with an arcade feel. when alek ported it to the ds and updated it a bit i was addicted again. it has been awhile since i've played it, might be time to give it a go.

great recommendation.

-another world

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
omg omg omg...I remember this awesome shit when I first got my supercard and I coulden't figure out how to patch DS games to work...so I picked this up....took me FOREVER to put it down!

Then I got polarium to run......and the rest is forgotten history......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm