GBAtemp Raffle #2 - sign up before it's too late!

Did you miss the first raffle back in July? Too bad, that means you didn't get to win a Nintendo Switch or one of the nice little Amazon gift cards we had up for grabs! Don't miss your chance this time: sign up before it's too late!

download.jpg

How to enter?
In order to be allowed to, enter you must:
1) be a Patreon backer as of November 1st - anyone who starts backing us after November 1st will not be able to enter the raffle since their first payment won't have been processed in time for the raffle.
2) post in the raffle thread that will appear on the home page some time during November
3) not get banned or suspended until the winners are announced

What prizes be offered?
We haven't yet settled the prizes but it will depend on the amount of support we receive on Patreon. Refer to the first raffle for details.
The more backers, the better the prizes will be! The main annoucement will be made during the month of November.
Besides, backing us on Patreon will give you access to a bunch of cool things - check out our Patreon for details.

When and how will the winners be announced?
We're aiming to wrap this one up by the end of November.
The winners will be randomly selected during a live stream on Twitch like last time.

If you have any questions, ask away and we'll do our best to answer them!
381107-brand.png
Support us on Patreon

Last edited by Costello,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
By only allowing patreon supporters to take part in the raffle, doesn't that constitute this as gambling?
Well sorta. We support the site, under a minimal fee, and in return, we get a chance to win a goodie once in a while.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to enter?
Option number 1) be a Patreon backer as of November 1st - anyone who starts backing us afterNovember 1st will not be able to enter the raffle since theirfirst payment won't have beenprocessed in time for the raffle.
Option number 2 What I will do 2) post in the raffle thread thatwill appear on the home page some time during November
Option number 3) not get banned orsuspended until the winnersare announced

Leave me alone & READ

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
How to enter?
Option number 1) be a Patreon backer as of November 1st - anyone who starts backing us afterNovember 1st will not be able to enter the raffle since theirfirst payment won't have beenprocessed in time for the raffle.
Option number 2 What I will do 2) post in the raffle thread thatwill appear on the home page some time during November
Option number 3) not get banned orsuspended until the winnersare announced

Leave me alone & READ
Those are not options, those are all rules. You need to meet all of the following requirements:
  • Be a Patreon backer before November 1st.
  • Post in the raffle thread that will appear on the front page.
  • Not get your account banned or suspended.

You cannot enter the raffle without being a Patreon backer. That is a requirement for the Patreon raffle.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems this may be falling on deaf ears, but I looked it up anyways. In the Patreon Terms Of Use for creators:

We restrict some types of content and rewards. You cannot:

• Create any content or rewards with real people engaging in sexual or violent acts.
  • Create any content or reward with nudity, or realistic depictions of sexual or violent acts, unless you flag the page as Adult Content and make the posts only viewable by patrons.
  • Use raffles, or any prizes based on chance, as a reward.
  • Create content or rewards using others' intellectual property, unless you have written permission to use it, or your use is protected by fair use.
https://www.patreon.com/legal

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By only allowing patreon supporters to take part in the raffle, doesn't that constitute this as gambling?

Legally? No.
The purpose of patreon is to support the site, and the backer raffle is a side benefit, and not the direct purpose. If people were simply paying into a raffle, yes that'd probably be bad (though laws very greatly by country, state, province, you name it). But even if your intention of supporting GBAtemp on patreon is solely to be entered into the raffle, that's not the intent of the patreon, so it's fine.

As far as Patreon's rules go, who the hell knows. They're pretty ambiguous about it. I just looked it up and found this . Which seems to show that patreon pretty much is just legally covering their asses. Realistically GBAtemp could just remove any mention of the raffle from the patreon and still do it "as a thank you to backers".

Tbh i'm not sure why you care, or are being a pest about it. If patreon has a problem with it, they'll contact GBAtemp to remove the word "raffle" from the tiers, and they can continue doing it anyway like i said. So...who cares?

D

Deleted User

Honestly, the raffle isn't the point of the patronage, like Hells Malice previously stated. If you are paying $2+ a month for the sole purpose of being in the raffle, then there is a problem.

Patreon does have in their rules no raffles or any chance-based reward system, but that rule is so widely broken, I doubt they would care enough to target our site. Maybe if GBAtemp had like 1,000 patrons.

Reactions: Kioku

tomhanks69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just became a supporter/patron! ❤

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just became a supporter/patron! ❤
Or at least I thought so I put myself on the recurring $2 per month until I can work up to 10. I love this site, I've been visiting for months now but never thought to make an account until now

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are not options, those are all rules. You need to meet all of the following requirements:
  • Be a Patreon backer before November 1st.
  • Post in the raffle thread that will appear on the front page.
  • Not get your account banned or suspended.

You cannot enter the raffle without being a Patreon backer. That is a requirement for the Patreon raffle.

Muted

tomhanks69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I ineligible for my GBAtemp Patron status on account of being a newbie?

Shows my account was charged on Oct 31st AND November 1st, I'm just curious.

Last edited by tomhanks69,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.