XP
acekardlogo.gif
GBAtemp Quiz #2 open!
Win 1 of 50 Acekard 2 cards
Acekard 2 Give-away Quiz
Absolute Last Chance

Less than 1hr remaining!

acekard2.jpg

*Update* The quiz will close at 17:20 GMT so this is your absolute last chance to enter! Remember, entry is absolutely free so please don't hesitate to enter! Registration is free and entry is free, what have you got to lose? Good luck!!

GBAtemp is proud to open it's 2nd official quiz! We have 50 (yes, 50!!) Acekard 2 flash kits, which you can see above, to give away to the lucky winners. Each kit comprises of a slot-1 Acekard 2 flash card and micro SD USB memory card reader. All you have to do to get in with a chance to win is to register on our site (if you aren't already signed up) and answer 25 general gaming knowledge multiple-choice questions!

Quiz entries will be accepted for 2 full weeks starting now, so the closing date is 29th May 2008. There is NO time limit once you start the quiz and there is no higher chance of winning the faster you enter, so please feel free to take your time before you complete the quiz and submit - as you can only do it once!

Once the competition closes we will count how many completely correct submissions there are - if there are less than 50, then those who completed it correctly and those with the nearest amount of correct answers (randomisation will be in place if there are too many to make the number of winners up to 50) will be chosen as the winners, if there are exactly 50 correct entries; then those 50 members win, if there are more than 50 correct entries than all names will be randomly shuffled and 50 names will be picked from the results at random.

We hope you enjoy taking the quiz and wish you the best of luck! We'd also like to thank the Acekard Team for offering these prizes to our community.

Please take a moment to read through the complete rule list below if you have any more questions before asking a staff member.
Rules:
  • One Entry per person, forum account required, open to the following member groups: Newcomers, Members, IRC Staff, Magazine Staff, Podcast Crew.
  • There is no time limit before the competition end-date or once you start, so take your time.
  • Only one entry per IP address and household. IP addresses will be checked for multiple entries.
  • You must complete all questions and ensure the form submits correctly. Confirmation will be given.
  • The competition ends 29th May 2008 (GMT).
Prizes:
  • There are 50 Acekard 2's complete in original packaging with micro SD card reader up for grabs. No micro SD memory card is included.
  • No prize substitutes.
  • No cash alternative.
  • No return of prizes.
  • Prizes will be shipped free to most countries. Customs charge (if applicable) must be paid for by recipient.
Judging:
  • If only 50 people get the answers right then they win. If >50 get the answers right then we pick from the 50 at random. If

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'll be taking the test tomorrow, now I'm heading home from my work..

Good luck to everyone, and hopefully, we'll be all winners
smile.gif
(but only 50 will get the prize
wink2.gif
)..

Cheers.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished taking it. I'm pretty sure I got a bunch wrong, which means I'm probably not winning(unless I guessed right on all I didn't know), but good luck to everyone else.
smile.gif

And congratz to anyone who actually knows all of these answers offhand. You are a person filled with useless knowledge(except in this one case
tongue.gif
).
laugh.gif
No, but seriously, congratulations.

Edit: And I know you said take your time, but you either know the answers or you don't. Shouldn't take any person long to complete it. Anyone who needs a lot of time is obviously doing something they shouldn't... which is looking up the answers.
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just realised that I may have the last question wrong. Depends on whether a certain console includes the follow up that has an increase in power.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That quiz sure was hard. The only thing I struggled was The Chain Chomp (Thank god for VC releases otherwise I wouldn't have played THAT mario game for ages) and the Flashcard one. I hope that the + was right.
smile.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just finished the quiz - c'mon guys, that wasn't that hard!
nyanya.gif

Thanks for doing this staff, and thanks Acekard team
grog.gif

BTW, that's only 49 Acekards in the picture!

Or is it?
ph34r.gif

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hadrian said:
Just realised that I may have the last question wrong. Depends on whether a certain console includes the follow up that has an increase in power.
exactly, been having doubts of that question for almost 10 mins now
The rest of the quiz wasn't that hard for me, I love remembering the useless stuff.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
MAD_BOY said:
Hadrian said:
exactly, been having doubts of that question for almost 10 mins now
The rest of the quiz wasn't that hard for me, I love remembering the useless stuff.
OK, ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

That question is self-explanatory. It means exactly what it says it means. "GameBoy" is just one system. It's had redesigns over the years, but Color and Advance are two completely separate systems. Basically, if it's COMPLETELY NEW and RETITLED hardware, it's not included. GameBoy means GameBoy, and that's it. Not Super GameBoy, not Gameboy Color, not Advance; JUST GameBoy. I shouldn't even need to tell you that, it's common sense.
lecture.gif

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That Question was easy. I just read the news about the sales being still good even though it's lastgen.
smile.gif

At first I wanted to give the signature a mario but I though : nah , wasn't it something weird. Not sure if it's correct but I hope I'm right.
biggrin.gif

Edit:
Hehe , I'm speaking in puzzles.
laugh.gif

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
Does "Nintendogs" mean the series or just one of the games? And if so, why dosn't pokémon count as two games?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dingler said:
Does "Nintendogs" mean the series or just one of the games? And if so, why dosn't pokémon count as two games?
Nintendogs means the whole series (basically one game) just as Pokémon does. This is the way they are counted in VG Charts.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
Ehm, I already edited my post to remove answers, just to find out Ten Seconds later it was removed! Nice timing!

Repost:

I had to do some research on the AceKard card because I never heard of it, and had to pull out my old copy of Doom to find that first key. Nice quiz in overall though
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse