GBAtemp Podcast Revival - Episode 1: Tempcast Returns

tempcavst_t.png

Hello everyone! It's been a while since we last tried this, but we're excited to bring you the fully fledged revival of GBAtemp's Podcast, referred to as the TempCast. This is the first episode of the revival, where everyone is getting their bearings and we casually discuss some of the latest gaming and scene hacking news. Our commentators will occasionally change from time to time, but for this entry, we've got @Meteor7 @FrozenIndignation @HaloEliteLegend and @Chary hosting this episode.

Any criticism or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. We're still just starting out on this endeavor, but we hope everyone will enjoy this, as well as future podcast episodes. iTunes and Google Podcast support are planned for the next upload.

:arrow: Alternatively, you can watch it on Twitch!

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nice work, thanks for picking this format up @Chary. It's fantastic to see innovation in news here.

To increase reachability you may want to host your podcast on a syndication platform. I recommend Libsyn which offers good analytics, though there may be other, better options: Strictly speaking all you need is an RSS feed so if you embed audio into the forum posts, you may be able to submit that directly to iTunes, Google Play and Overcast. On that topic, it's worth pointing out that these services still have the older Tempcast indexed so are masking the new one: tempcast.iancoulton.com, tunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tempcast/id45965098.

As a couple of others have mentioned the audio could be a bit better: Audio is the podcasters currency and so this is one of the best areas to invest time in. But, it takes some podcasters _years_ to get this right, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Great content and regularity will keep people listening, and you've already more-or-less got the first one down.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice work, thanks for picking this format up @Chary. It's fantastic to see innovation in news here.

To increase reachability you may want to host your podcast on a syndication platform. I recommend Libsyn which offers good analytics, though there may be other, better options: Strictly speaking all you need is an RSS feed so if you embed audio into the forum posts, you may be able to submit that directly to iTunes, Google Play and Overcast. On that topic, it's worth pointing out that these services still have the older Tempcast indexed so are masking the new one: tempcast.iancoulton.com, tunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tempcast/id45965098.

As a couple of others have mentioned the audio could be a bit better: Audio is the podcasters currency and so this is one of the best areas to invest time in. But, it takes some podcasters _years_ to get this right, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Great content and regularity will keep people listening, and you've already more-or-less got the first one down.
Thanks for the comment! I've been looking into the RSS thing and how to rig that up. Forgot Overcast existed, too, that's deffo one to look into.

As far as audio quality goes, Frozen, Meteor, and I all share the same mic (blue yeti) so it's just a matter of kinda tweaking some settings and moving stuff around to get it right. We're all kinda learning as we go :P but comments like these are really helpful, thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey