GBAtemp Online Arcade: 10 new games of the month

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Costello, Jan 7, 2012.

Jan 7, 2012
  1. Costello
    OP

Administrator Costello Headmaster

For the few of you who missed it, we recently launched an interesting yet minor new feature: our Online Game Arcade. Initially coming with a selection of 20 games, we've decided to that we would add at least 10 new games every month to keep everyone entertained. Click the thumbnail below to view the full list of this month's games.
    [​IMG]

I'm going to introduce you to my favorite 3 new games for this month, in alphabetical order:
    [​IMG]
    21: I've always been addicted to trivia. When I first tried this and it came up with a question on Star Wars (which I answered correctly btw), I immediately fell in love with it. Here it is for everyone to enjoy. Can you beat my crappy score?​
    [​IMG]
    Block'n'roll: the one game that even got p1ngpong addicted to the Arcade. A fine and tricky reflexion game that's so good it would deserve its own port to the DS (as homebrew, of course).​
    [​IMG]
    Pingu Throw: this one's a classic. A slight variation of Penguin Revenge - the most played game on our Arcade. It was introduced last month and got nearly 6,000 plays so far.​
    What are you waiting for? Try out this month's new games! And of course, feel free to engage discussion on our dedicated GBAtemp Arcade Forum.​

3 people like this.
  2. Ace

Member Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Sweden
    If we could add achievements to the Arcade room, it'd be super-mega epic.
    Obviously, I understand that there are limitations to what can be done and how it's implemented, but I'd love achievements in games like these :lol:

3. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Just played Rokko Chan the Megaman like flash game.

So ya, go get some Neo-8bit games stat xD
    Arkanoid clones.
    Arcade game clones etc.

A good start in the minigame era of flash games.

I know there's a few talented types on these forums should get them to make some GBAtemp inspired games eh?

I'd suggest Haxic.com as a nice introduction to flash game creation if anyone might be looking for one. :P

4. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Doesn't this strain the GBAtemp servers a lot? Adding 10 games every month, that's quite a promise!

5. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Well nice thing that people are working in their free time for gbatemp still would have preffered a v2 skin -.-V
    if i want to play flash games i visit a page dedicated to flash games and play them there ...

all these new features noone cares for ... sad thing still more and more pages do stuff like that :(
    my google mail account was more or less unusuable as well until i found the "back to old design" button ...

Best feature would be some sort of time machine skin that switches every visit trough each skin ther was from the old times when this was a rom distribution page where i already had an accout that got lost or was deleted over time (dunno) to v1 v2 and well now ...

6. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    Not exciting anymore after those hours spent in tempmas week 5... might try them later though.