Homebrew GBAtemp on DS

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been posted before but the search won't allow the words 'on' or 'DS' *grumbles*
dry.gif

Anyway, i was wondering; what is the best way to get to the gbatemp forums on a ds? whether just reading or mabey posting as well?
I know you could use something like dshobro but what's the point if your pc is on anyway?
I've tried bunjallo but that seems the freeze upontrying to load the site as it does with many other sites)

would it be possible to create an application specifically designed for surfing gbatemp, now that would be cool...

BTW wasn't sure whether to post it here or site suggestions... feel free to move this...

D

Deleted_171835

Wizzerzak said:
would it be possible to create an application specifically designed for surfing gbatemp, now that would be cool...
This is most certainly possible. or what anto said
Not many people would take the time to make it, though. Why don't you code a homebrew app for browsing GBAtemp?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i would love to take it on but haven't a clue on even the basics of homebrew codeing, could you possibly give me a link on where to start?

edit: lofi version works on bunjalloo! though i would still be interested in making my own

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You won't be able to, as such a solution would (to be usable) require an API or direct read/write MySQL access - neither of which is going to be given out any time soon.

The reason such a homebrew does not exist is either because it has not been deemed worth the time/effort, or simply (and more likely) because of the huge limitations of the underpowered DS hardware.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Multiskin said:
strange bcz i already used gbatemp by dsorganize net and i think i posted something and even replyed, but as it needs memory some time after that my ds froze
mellow.gif
That's regular browsing.

The topic here was about a specific app made for the DS and replies involving m.gbatemp.net which is a version of the site designed for mobile devices but cannot post.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not quite related to DS but rather to mobile devices in general, but I know I'd love to see an Android app for GBAtemp, the way XDA Developers has.
While something for DS is fairly unlikely, one for Android while also a bit unlikely, would be slightly more likely. If the DS had some better hardware it would be nice to see though, yes.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
ProtoKun7 said:
It's not quite related to DS but rather to mobile devices in general, but I know I'd love to see an Android app for GBAtemp, the way XDA Developers has.
While something for DS is fairly unlikely, one for Android while also a bit unlikely, would be slightly more likely. If the DS had some better hardware it would be nice to see though, yes.
Just tested on my ZTE and normal website works fully (android, opera and dolphin) and also with my symbian phone. I personally don't see any need for some useless app if there's browser.

As for mobile version of gbatemp I don't see a reason why there is no reply button.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Multiskin said:
strange bcz i already used gbatemp by dsorganize net and i think i posted something and even replyed, but as it needs memory some time after that my ds froze
mellow.gif
This. I tried browsing the Temp on a regular DS with DSOrganize, and the forum reads fine, and you can log in and post, but after every post you make DSOrganize freezes and you have to restart it. Makes you think twice about every post
nyanya.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mario92 said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Just tested on my ZTE and normal website works fully (android, opera and dolphin) and also with my symbian phone. I personally don't see any need for some useless app if there's browser.

As for mobile version of gbatemp I don't see a reason why there is no reply button.
The full website works with my phone too, I'm just saying that it could be a nice feature. After all, XDA Developers would work on my phone just fine, I'd imagine (haven't tried) but they still have the app available.
I did say it might be fairly unlikely though.

And in my experience a lot of DS browsers do that (by a lot I mean DSO and Bunjaloo); it gets more frustrating than anything...especially as it seems that Bunjaloo is the only one you can seem to save files with. I think it's just that one anyway, as I don't recall DSO allowing you to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse