Official GBAtemp Review GBAtemp Official Review - Mayflash Gamecube Adapter for Wii U

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
large-jpg.14256
The official review for the Mayflash Adapter for Wii U is up! Will this solution suffice in lieu of more first party accessories? Catch up on my opinion below! Remember! You have a chance to win one here!

Reactions: Xabring

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Great review and great piece of hardware from Mayflash! Anyone dare say 3rd parties don't support Nintendo when a 3rd party has now made the only essential bit for the most important Nintendo game ever and isn't greedy with the price. :P

Reactions: Ryukouki

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
With the coming of Mayflash's GameCube adapter the original which now are out of print have dropped down (£30+) to less than they were going before (£60-90).

Thank you Mayflash for putting an end to the scalpers.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

djavs

Trophies
XP
Country
i was going to buy the one with smash bros but the price was shocking...so i only went for the game. Its great to see a rival product come out...so when can we but this? and from where

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the review and I have just two questions

1. Can you use wavebird controllers, that was never mentioned.

2. For someone who already owns the adapter from Nintendo, would you recommend purchasing this if you are also an avid PC gamer as well. I would like the simplistic nature of just plug and play without having to install additional drivers like you would for Nintendo's adapter.

Reactions: djavs

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
i was going to buy the one with smash bros but the price was shocking...so i only went for the game. Its great to see a rival product come out...so when can we but this? and from where
GameSeek has it for £15.98 and according to their schedule they'll have stock by January 30.

Reactions: djavs

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
The review says it can "play Wii U games" plural. What games other than Smash Bros?
The review doesn't mention which Gamecube pads used. Old ones? New ones with Smash Bros logo? Wavebirds? Third party pads?
The review doesn't mention where to purchase these. I know this info is buried in threads on this site somewhere but still.
The review doesn't mention Nintendont whatsoever.

This is not a very comprehensive hardware review. Worth what I paid for though and I hope Ryukouki enjoys his adapter.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if he's coming back to answer our questions. I'm interested in the product once I get a better understanding. If he's busy I'm willing to wait.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The review says it can "play Wii U games" plural. What games other than Smash Bros?
The review doesn't mention which Gamecube pads used. Old ones? New ones with Smash Bros logo? Wavebirds? Third party pads?
The review doesn't mention where to purchase these. I know this info is buried in threads on this site somewhere but still.
The review doesn't mention Nintendont whatsoever.

This is not a very comprehensive hardware review. Worth what I paid for though and I hope Ryukouki enjoys his adapter.

In his defense, he makes it clear that it does the same thing as Nintendo's official one, for which the answers to all those questions are known.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
To anyone that owns this device could you please answer the questions I posted awhile ago?
Again, he said that it has the same functions as the official adapter. The official adapter can use wave birds, so there's no reason to think this wouldn't.

Besides there's nothing special about wave birds that require specific hardware, etc. All the special hardware is in the wave bird receiver, so you just need to plug it into a GameCube port. Even the old Mayflash Wiimote GameCube adapters (where you pug the GameCube controller into an adapter that plugs into a Wiimote) supported wave birds (I own two of them).

Tl;dr there's literally no reason to worry that it doesn't support the wave bird. Everything that supports a GameCube controller can support a wave bird. ;)

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.