Website
Visit site
XP
Country
review.gif
N5 Review
By Sinkhead
n5_group_small.jpg

The Official GBAtemp Review of the N5 has just been finished. The N5 is a new flashcart from a previously unknown company and it is basically a clone of the R4. Read on to see whether it meets expectations or if it's a cheap failure!

icon11.gif
Read the review
icon11.gif
Discuss the review
icon11.gif
Go to the official N5 site

Thanks to My Gaming Mart for the review sample!

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmmm ... another attack of the clones ... well, if something is fundamentally not broken, why not copy it?

It is the Chinese way
wink.gif

If the price tag is lower than the currently over-inflated R4 price tag, this will do very well, I have no doubt.

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
i don't know if this is as good as an R4, check out what people have to say about it on DX. Seems the card is so bad that DX had to put up a notice.

"For your information -- Please Read
Reports have been received that these carts are suspected to cause a fuse in NDS to blow out, rendering the NDS unbootable until the fuse is fixed (DIY-able).
As the reported defective units remain normal (close to that of the DSTT), DX is unable to 100% verify this situation.
"

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Sinkhead...
You could have opened the R4 review with a hexeditor and replace every "R4" with "N5".
That would just about do it.

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
sinkhead said:
Basically, if you can't find an R4, an N5 will do exactly the same job for pretty much the same price.
I can't believe my eyes when I see a moderator from GBAtemp is recommending a (bad) clone.

Could you test the DS battery life with the N5, because from what I heard, it's very short.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
perkele said:
sinkhead said:
Basically, if you can't find an R4, an N5 will do exactly the same job for pretty much the same price.
I can't believe my eyes when I see a moderator from GBAtemp is recommending a (bad) clone.
I think you will find that the statement you have quoted is in fact not a recommendation. It is a statement that is fully true. It will do the same job, maybe it will not do it quite as well, but with only one sample that worked well I cannot draw any reliable conclusion as to the reliability of this product, and thus I have not made any comments about it.

The fact that it is a bad clone may well be proved with time, however from my own experiences which are the only ones I have written about there is no evidence to support this.

I was actually going to put in a warning based on evidence supplied by DealExtreme but upon editing my review the whole thing disappeared and I had to use a backup, I then had to go out urgently and could not make the edits. I will do them now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou