GBAtemp member releases indie game and hopes to get it on Steam!

GBAtemp member AuburnSounds recently released his first full fledged independent game called Vibrant. The game has got this nice pixel art feel and a pretty great soundtrack which makes it very fun to play!

AuburnSounds said:
Vibrant 2 is a high-speed arena shooter game for Windows, Mac and Linux. The player is invited to finish the 31 levels before the alloted time has elapsed, in order to escape "the Grid" where her trial is taking place.

You can try the game out right now with one of the demos available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. The game is normally sold for $5 but AuburnSounds is offering a huge 80% discount to his fellow tempers!

Ultimately what AuburnSounds would love is if you could help get the game on Steam. All you have to do is open up the game's Steam page and give it a positive rating!

:download: Get a 80% discount by clicking here
:arrow: Official site

D

Deleted User

Thanks for the warm feedback, i worked my ass off on this game though it started so long ago the graphics are still primitive, er... let's say minimalistic!
This is intended to be a niche hardcore game where each second counts.

Hi @Alkéryn
I'm not good at marketing either, there are so much new releases all the time it's hard to be noticed. It's worse for niche products like Vibrant (hardcore inertia) because media outlets want to speak to their whole audience not a part of it.
So the only advice I can give is don't be too niche!

Very good remark @natanelho .
At first I wanted to have procedurally generated levels, but last time I tried procedurally generated things (https://github.com/p0nce/vxlgen) I've found that it's much more complex than expected and once you've "understood" what the generator can do, you will never be very surprised.

So, er, I hope you enjoy this game which means much to me :)
I was just kidding man, laughing about all the recent indies that have procedurally generated maps...

Btw if you really think it will be boring after a while its only if you do basic level procedural generation, there are lots of games out there that use p.g. and it still isnt becoming same-ish even after long time

AuburnSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.auburnsounds.com
XP
Country
France
Kudos to you, @AuburnSounds for the game! I'm always happy to see all lights of fellow indie developers, and I'll be following you now. How long did you spend developing this game?

I spent 2 months on this particular update (2.0) because I wanted to change a bit everything. Most of the time I do audio software not games.

This is actually the 10th update, the version before was like this:

and before it was more or less the same.

So in total I don't know the first version was in 2003 or 2004 and was running on FreeDOS.

Last edited by AuburnSounds,
Reactions: Jonna

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I spent 2 months on this particular update (2.0) because I wanted to change a bit everything. Most of the time I do audio software not games.

This is actually the 10th update, the version before the game was like this:

and before it was more or less the same.

So in total I don't know the first version was in 2003 or 2004 and was running on FreeDOS.

It's a nice game.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dope. Bought it for a buck.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Game is pretty fun. Any plans for a mobile port?

Reactions: AuburnSounds

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing programming skills! I can do some 3D, maybe all of GBATemp should join together and make a big game
where we fight the evil Nintendo corporation or something :P

Reactions: DarkRioru

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
this looks amazing and I hope to see more steam content released by gbatemp users :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Amazing programming skills! I can do some 3D, maybe all of GBATemp should join together and make a big game
where we fight the evil Nintendo corporation or something :P
yes that would be awesome!!! a game like postal 2 where we fight against nintendo for the right to homebrew our consoles by using yoshi's as mufflers, and destroying nintendo employees in disguise :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1