GBAtemp Java Minecraft server - come hang out and play with your fellow GBAtemp users!

parentsultimateguide-minecraft-blog.jpeg

Introducing the GBAtemp Minecraft server! Party like it’s 2013, because we’ve decided to have fun by renting a Minecraft server, for GBAtemp users to come mine, craft, and chill out in. Hopefully, the community can have some fun together there!

Server Details

Minecraft 1.16.5
IP: mc.chary.tv

You’ll need Minecraft, of course, as well as CurseForge, which handles the automatic download of all the needed mods to play. After installing CurseForge, just grab the “TempCraft” pack by searching for it on CurseForge, and you’ll be all set.

:arrow: CurseForge Download

Tutorial1-1.png Tutorial2-1.png Tutorial3-1.png Tutorial4-1.png Tutorial5-1.png
A step-by-step guide
Info

This is Java Minecraft, and there are mods! The consensus was to keep things fairly vanilla, but with a bit of spice here and there to keep things interesting. You can expect to see the following mods:
  • Aquaculture
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty

And other neat tweaks and additions to make the normal Minecraft experience funner! (You can check the full mod list in CurseForge). General forum decency rules apply--don't grief, don't cheat, and try to have a good time!

We look forward to seeing who stops by!

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
As

As far as I know, yeah. @Chary is usually pretty good at rebooting the server as needed.

I see

It's still weird though that it's not set to automatically restart (use a goto in batch, or an infinite for loop in bash).

Edit: though makes me wonder what the source of these weird random crashes are...

Kirgane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not playing a lot at the moment, but I tried to pop in for a visit and the server seems to be down at the moment - just letting you know.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I see

It's still weird though that it's not set to automatically restart (use a goto in batch, or an infinite for loop in bash).

Edit: though makes me wonder what the source of these weird random crashes are...
It's running on Windows, not Linux. That could be half the issues right there.

• Sad
Reactions: Sono

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder if it's cracked because i use TLauncher. Otherwise we need a Bedrock server.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
It's running on Windows, not Linux. That could be half the issues right there.
We're moving it to Linux! I've also backed up the world files and will be uploading them to the gbatemp download center for everyone to have. The map was sadly really messed up though, with some really wonky world generation and issues that were causing the crashes. It should be fine, locally, but I think we might try to redo a new map that's more stable

Reactions: Kirgane and Jayro

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
We're moving it to Linux! I've also backed up the world files and will be uploading them to the gbatemp download center for everyone to have. The map was sadly really messed up though, with some really wonky world generation and issues that were causing the crashes. It should be fine, locally, but I think we might try to redo a new map that's more stable
Try using Mohist on the new version, and include plugins. I can provide mcMMO for everyone as well.

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: