GBATEMP IRC

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry if this isnt the place to write this. I wasnt able to find where to... Anyways is there a guide on making a IRC inside the GBATEMP IRC? Like for IRC Rizone you can make your own channel. I was wondering if I can make my own channel inside the exsisting GBATEMP channel? If so how can I make one? I've read this one article but it tells me to download a program and I dont want to download a program and instead just a step by step guide over the internet
smile.gif

Thanks guys!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Creating your own channel is as easy as just joining one that does not exist yet. You will automatically create it and you will be an operator there.

Here is a random guide I googled just now to get you started. http://www.livinginternet.com/r/ra_create.htm

edit: Here is the guide to joining irc using mirc that will help you too, mirc is free to download and the trial lasts forever http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=58

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
O.O WAHHH Thanks lol I never had a mod and not just a mod but an IRC Staff for gbatemp help me XP. I'm a bit confused though... isn't the gbatemp IRC based on another site (I dont remember wat site) but can I enter the code #gbatemp from another IRC site and still go to it?

I was wondering if I have to download that program cause I will be more on my ds and ipod (Clirc homebrew for ds and an app for ipod that allows me to go to IRC channels).

Thanks
smile.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ok, I do not understand all of what you wrote, but I'm gonna try to make my best out it.

First some basic stuff. When you are in the "GBAtemp IRC" this means that you're connected to GBAtemp's IRC server (irc.gbatemp.net:5190). Within this server there are (discussion) channels, with the main channel being #gbatemp.net

(The following is all assuming that you have a registered nickname on GBAtemp's IRC server.)

To create a new channel you first need to join this specific channel, this is usually done by typing "/join #channel", replace channel for the name you want for your channel. If it's empty/not registered then you should get operator status in said channel.

From here you may want to go ahead and register the channel. This is done by typing "/msg chanserv register #channel channelpassword channeldescription" (obviously replacing #channel, channelpassword, channeldescription with appropriate content).

At this stage you should have a channel of your own, however there are a lot more things that can be configured regarding your channel and it is not possible for me to go into all of it. But additional help regarding channels can be found by typing "/msg chanserv help" in your IRC client.
Info and options regarding a channel bot can be accessed by "/msg botserv help".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"