GBATemp IP Address Blocking

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by BullyWiiPlaza, Aug 29, 2014.

1. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    So I started using some VPN client and it appeared that all IP addresses provided are blocked from accessing GBATemp. I haven't seen any other site doing this, lol. It gets quite annoying to toggle it on and off just for this site but I guess nothing will be done due to spamming and whatnot.
    Code:
    IP Blocked

Your IP address is listed in the StopForumSpam blacklist
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    Current server time: 2014-08-29 19:51:38

We are sorry to inform you that access to GBAtemp.net has been denied to you because your IP address
    is listed in StopForumSpam's blacklist. For more details, click here and enter your IP address in the search box.
    Do NOT contact us to have your IP removed from the blacklist as we have no control over it.
    Should you manage to get your IP removed from the blacklist by other means, please wait a few hours for the removal to be effective on our server.
    Thank you for your understanding

2. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    Yeah it's necessary since a shit ton of spammers would come over here and start advertising russian car insurance.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  3. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Irish ex captain

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    If its on the stop forum spam blacklist then several hundred thousand other websites are doing this, lol.

Sicklyboy likes this.
  4. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    As far as I recall you block *any* VPN, regardless of shitlist status? ever since you got taken offline by some hacker a couple of years back?

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
  6. damingraham
    This message by damingraham has been removed from public view by Cyan, Feb 23, 2015, Reason: bumping old issue without additional question or support.
    Feb 23, 2015