GBATemp incorrectly reporting RAW dump info?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hooya, Feb 9, 2007.

Feb 9, 2007
  1. Hooya
    OP

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I noticed that there's a check if a game is a RAW dump on the info box for new Wii releases. This is good but I don't think it's accurate all the time. I downloaded a bunch of Qwiif releases recently, and they were in the original file name and parts (90x50 or whatever in the qf-xxx naming scheme). When extracted these were .iso files that wouldn't unscramble and were already the right file sizes to be unscrambled according to other threads.

I would find it weird if someone were re-splitting up the file after going through the process of extracting it and unscrambling it. Since most of the games I've downloaded are (U) releases the majority of them came from Qwiif and none of them were scrambled, unless I was doing something horribly wrong.

Can anyone confirm?

2. LordWill072284

Member LordWill072284 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    yeh same here, i keep thinkin that one of these games i have to unscramble and nothin lol. :| so they all extract and get a perfect iso, burned it, and the burn went fine, still no way to test as i don't have the wiinja yet, but all worked well for the downloads. only one i had to unscramble was Call_Of_Duty_3_NTSC_Wii-VORTEX. so weird, please someone let us know if these releases work right off the hop or not. i get the unscramble error after like 7 secs. it created the new iso, but it has 0kb as the size and error, so i think it's fine. sorry for the long speech lol

3. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

can you make a list of the releases that have a wrong RAW DUMP info on gbatemp?
    it is also possible that you downloaded ISOs that were already unscrambled.

4. Hooya
    OP

United States
    Well, like I said, I got the files in the .rxx format with the file name and sizes that were reported on GBAtemp. I don't see why these would be re-distributed in such a format since that would be extra work for someone re-distributing it.

at the risk of breaking any rules I will just say I got these from newsgroups, not torrent files, so they're more likely to be original. Also, since GBAtemp is not run in the (U) region, I suspect that you might not actually have first hand experience with these files because, quite frankly, why would you need them at this point...

I downloaded the (U) versions of:

Elebits
    WarioWare
    Far Cry
    Excite Truck
    Rayman RR
    Dragonball Z

I also got the #001 release of Red Steel which we know was not RAW since it used a different dumping method.

I'm pretty sure these are all Qwiif releases, as they were the ones dumping the most (U) games in that time period.

I will also add that I also have no way to verify these as I don't have a Wii yet, let alone a modchip!

5. rott98

Newcomer rott98 Newbie

the same her with dragonball, tony hawk, trauma centre second opinion.

The zelda TP dump is correct? I canĀ“t found the file on newsgroups.

6. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

we are building a new release list, and will update it with proper information once it's made public [​IMG]

7. Hooya
    OP

United States
    Just in case you didn't know, I think the Caravan releases are also already unscrambled. The ISO images give a proper disk name using the GC tool and they're the right size and burn correctly.
    At least the Bleach release did.

Thanks for all your hard work Costello (et. al.)

8. DarkLink

Member DarkLink Advanced Member

United States
    hmm thanks for the info I just talked to a few people who had told me releases were "RAW" when they were really unscrambled... sadly i do not have the hdd space or the need to check all USA releases at the this time and age.. maybe in a week or two.. but i will update accordingly when i can comfirm them