GBAtemp hiring new moderators: we need you!

C9kEEmbXUAEX3r6.png

GBAtemp needs you!
The GBAtemp community has just lost one of its most valuable supervisors Minox who decided to step down after years of incredible service at GBAtemp. His presence and dedication are already heavily missed, if you're reading this Minox - I really mean it and I'm sorry you decided to go.

It's time to inject some fresh blood into our mod team! If you think you have what it takes, send me a PM. You don't have to post in this thread to apply. For your information, hiring decisions are made by staff consensus, I won't be the one to decide.

So you must be wondering: why would anyone want to join the mod team on these crazy forums? Well there are quite a few incentives:
- first you get a shiny badge, and access to our secret staff forums
- become part of the GBAtemp mod family and join our secret group chat
- get free games and hardware for review (you're free to choose the games/stuff you want to review)
- weigh in on important decisions concerning the organization of events and the future of the site
- early access to new features/skins and beta testing
- climb up the ladder to become a supervisor with full power over the entire site

What we're looking for before anything is level-headed persons with good common sense, if you've submitted valid reports before you literally get bonus points. Also, if you're familiar with the 3DS and Switch hacking scene, we're looking for moderators for these areas in particular.

Interested? Shoot me a private message! Your application will be reposted on our staff forum where the staff will render their verdict. We will inform you when decisions have been made.

Last edited by Costello,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd apply, but I dont really feel like I would be good enough tbh. I love those types of positions. It's always fun to help out communities.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant what he wanted to know, in the application.
‘Tis a mystery. (Probably not much. Just say you’re interested and maybe a little blurb about why? I doubt you need to write a whole essay, they probably already who’s a fit and who isn’t.)

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assumed you let him know you're interested and they'll give you some sort of application template, or let you know what you need to include.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Y'know, if this was a couple months ago I'd probably be like "Yeah Tom Bombamodlo 2018 ;O;" cuz I'm here most of the time and I already secretly mod things a lot

But with a wee babby on the way, I don't think I could be as active in ~9ish months, and I imagine you're looking for something a bit more permanent than just a quick 9 month tour :lol:

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would probably be a perfect candidate as a moderator, however I’m only really interested in the Computing section and I only dip my nose into the other sections to keep up to date on hacking trends. Like with Switch hacking, I’m holding off until the scene matures a bit more.
Not that it matters, but I would nominate you for a mod position in the Computer Technology and Gaming Section. Even if they have a great mod there already, they can just upgrade whomever that is to Global so they can dabble in other areas, where you can focus strictly on that section. Many hands make light work.

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No more Minox, that's a real shame. :( Easily the finest, most professional I've encountered here.

I can't think of anyone that I'd nominate. A few come close, but just miss the mark in a few departments. More diversity among the staff is always a plus, unless the 'good old (white) boys club' is something you're actually striving for, heh.
Someone with a bit of actual life experience couldn't hurt, either.
Unbiased moderation > Diversity

D

Deleted User

It’s common practice to delete entire comment chains when the original is deleted.
We need a better moderator for the Nintendo Switch Thread. Pointless threads are filling up now that everyone is getting into the hacking scene

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh..ho ho. They're Vipera level every day.
Nah, the snek was a special kind of disgruntled. The closest we have to him are the people that spend 4 pages on a useless thread shouting at the op instead of just reporting it and moving on so a mod can dispose of it. Still obnoxious, but nothing to warrant a ban. (Although, I think there was one guy that got suspended)

Reactions: Chary

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, it would be much easier to deal with if they did something like this:

Op makes useless post.
User sees post, reports it and moves on. Maybe, if they have something to add, they comment, but preferably not. Then a mod removes the thread, and pms the op about why their post was removed, that they could have just searched for the info, and point them towards any applicable FAQ. If it was me, I’d also probably say they could just ask me if they have any further questions, and I might go ahead and answer what they asked in their thread. (pm-ing doesn’t work if someone is new, right? Can they still pm mods? If not can they respond if a mod pms them?)

tl;dr I think treating those threads like spam from a bot, and then informing the user via pm would really help with the congestion we see in the switch forum.

(I could also be dead wrong, so feel free to correct me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple