GBATemp Guide For New Members

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Hadrian, Jun 24, 2007.

Jun 24, 2007

GBATemp Guide For New Members by Hadrian at 1:34 PM (2,658 Views / 0 Likes) 39 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Kinda tired of seeing all these n00b topics and threads around here so thought I would do this thread for new members to read so they don't waste time and bandwidth here.

For the love of whatever you believe in or love just goto this thread and READ, that is open your eyes and go through each word and sentence and take down EVERY bit of information given. The thread is here.

1. Ok this is covered in the rules part but seeing these freaks can't even be bothered to read I though I'd mention it here AGAIN to emphasize this as I feel that this is the most important rule other than the decency thing. GBAtemp does not have any Wii, GBA or NDS ROMS/Games here. Don't ask why, its a simple fact THEY DON'T HAVE ROMs HERE! No illegal files or movies or music either, don't even ask for links to certain sites, don't post links to certain sites or you will get banned, I can't stress this enough people.

2. The Nintendo DS can only just run SOME Super Nintendo games on its emulators, so don't even think that the NDS can run N64 or PSX or anything like those consoles, it'll never happen, you must accept this fact! Ok maybe someone may one day release an emulator for these machines, hell they can make a PS3 emulator THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO RUN THE GAMES AT A DECENT ENOUGH SPEED FOR THE GAME TO BE PLAYABLE! If you want PSX/N64 games on the go, buy a frigging PSP.

3. There is no English release of Zelda Phantom Hourglass at the moment, its due out at the end of the year. There is also no unofficial translation of the game, there is a menu translation but THATS IT! The translation you will find is when Nintendo releases in into the shops, there is no point in anyone doing an entire translation as the game is out near the end of the year and such a task would take ages to do.

4. Please before posting, do a search first. There may already be threads on our forum that may help you and would save time for you and will annoy us long time members a lot less if we don't see "WILL POKEMONZ WORK ON AN EMULATORZZZ".

5. DS emulation some games do work on emulators, try going here http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/ scroll down to DS Emulators and there'll be all the info you need. There are also many topics already here that may help you, do a search and you will be rewarded with information.

6. Mother 3 translation will be done when its done. The people who are making it have LIVES and they don't have the time, money and resources to complete the task quickly, and also they don't have to seeing they are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. You want a translation now? DO it yourself and give something back to the DS scene.

2. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Can I get a "Nice work .TakaM!" for teh person above meh? ^

Oh, and (6) Mother 3 english translation will be done when it is done...
    ..perhaps.

3. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Its been added to the rant [​IMG]

4. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    When you sign up on some forums you get a welcome PM. Maybe on GBAtemp the welcome PM could look something like this:

- Sam

5. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    ...screw what I was gonna say, sinkhead did it better [​IMG]

6. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    it annoys me to have lots of noobish topics...
    im new too but have these people never heard of a thing called RESEARCH?
    GOD! if you dont know hwat to do, try and find out

you never see people driving without a driviers liscense asking other drivers where they can get one

and it seems nobody cares about nettiquete anymore, as if they think their anonimity gives them the right to act like morons.

if you wana do that, go join 4chan
    AND NO! I WILL NOT TELL YOU WHAT/WHERE 4CHAN IS

theres a magical little thing people invented to find stuff on the internet

ITS CALLED GOOGLE

glad i got that rant of my chest

7. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Google FTW

8. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    BAN ALL WHICH FLASHCART IS THE GODDAMN BEST TOPICS etc.

9. DEF-

Member DEF- GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    What annoys the hell out of me are when people make a new topic in only small letters. I mean how friggin hard is it to write a proper topic? I'm hardly a huge writer myself, but I tend to read the topics that "look" good, if you see what I mean.

10. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    I have the opposite problem, I always ask simple questions in a overly long way and in a way that doesn't make that much sense and lacks any sign of me having an education.

It all start in 1987 when I was playing Better Dead Than Alien on my c64 and this great big monstery thing came up and bit my winky and then something else happened but I can't remember as my Dad just painted my room and I was kinda high from the fumes which also explains my crapness is writing paragraphs and spacing them properly and using proper punctuation. Anyway the point being is for some reason I always write overly long posts all of the time, even in the shout box I write overly long posts even though theres no need and I always seem to repeat stuff I've already said in these overly long posts.

EDIT: To make matters worse I always seem to go over them again editing and making the post overly long when it doesn't even need to be overly long.

11. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    are you sure whatever fumes you were on still havent worn off? [​IMG]

12. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    I dunno there has always been this overwhelming sense that they haven't yet as there have been many instances in which I still don't think I have recovered.

It all started when...

13. Sinkhead

United Kingdom
    I disagree. There should be one poll and only one that is run officially by GBAtemp. When a new flashcart comes out, it should be added to the poll.
    If noobs ask 'wich is da best flashcart 4 me?!?/1/1/!!!' we can point them to that topic. Then we can shout at them.

- Sam

14. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Nice work .TakaM!
    This should be mailed to every new registered person. Sadly it will be TLTR for them.

15. Sinkhead

United Kingdom
    .TakaM? I can't find his post in this topic...

- Sam

16. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
  17. Sinkhead

United Kingdom
    You're laughing at me, right...

I'm confused...

:'(

- Sam

18. Westside