GBATemp getting ads?

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Hyperlisk_, Mar 29, 2008.

Mar 29, 2008

GBATemp getting ads? by Hyperlisk_ at 7:48 AM (833 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Hyperlisk_
    OP

Member Hyperlisk_ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, after reading the post right here... It appears to me as if ads are going to be imposed upon GBATemp. Sounds alright to me. Dedicated servers cost insane amounts of money. Bandwidth is not free, and there is no such thing as 'unlimited bandwidth', that is why dedicated servers are needed. Dedicated servers cost hundreds of dollars EACH MONTH. Anyways, I have Ad-Block [​IMG]

2. Dunny

Member Dunny GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well, they're keeping it pretty close to their chests, but you can tell that they're about to implement something that will create a cash revenue stream into GBATemp.

Ads? Not sure that people would quit over ads - after all, Firefox's Adblocker plugin will handle them just nicely, and I for one will certainly never see them.

The other alternative that quite a few other forums around the web have adopted is the "pay to post" scheme, where members pay a monthly amount for the privilege to post here. I'd say that's more likely to cause a severe upset where old-timers decide to leave than simple ads would.

D.