GBAtemp gets new sponsor: Etcome

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ads on every page = meh. The home page is by far the most visited page of any website, so ads should be there and other pages should be ad-free.
I rarely go to the portal, all I care is what the users are posting in the forum.
The portal is only showing the very last news/releases. The website's core is its forum and its community.
Ads should be were people can see them.
But you aren't the majority of people. Which page do you think people first stumble upon when they Google a website name? That's right, the home page of said website. Unless said people are looking for something specific, they will always end up on the home page. Any website's core is the home page. Everything else is built around it. Guests couldn't care less who's a member of which site or who said what exactly.
And where would those people end up after looking at the home page? A thread.

Reactions: 4 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Install AdBlock Plus
>Right Click Ad->Block this image with AdBlock Plus
>Problem solved.

The site basically looks the same if you do that. Even then, it's revenue needed to keep the site up and running and surely we'll all benefit from it more than it "hurts" (I use that term loosely).

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Ads on every page = meh. The home page is by far the most visited page of any website, so ads should be there and other pages should be ad-free.
I rarely go to the portal, all I care is what the users are posting in the forum.
The portal is only showing the very last news/releases. The website's core is its forum and its community.
Ads should be were people can see them.
But you aren't the majority of people. Which page do you think people first stumble upon when they Google a website name? That's right, the home page of said website. Unless said people are looking for something specific, they will always end up on the home page. Any website's core is the home page. Everything else is built around it. Guests couldn't care less who's a member of which site or who said what exactly.
And where would those people end up after looking at the home page? A thread.
You'd be surprised how many people only look at the home page of web sites.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Nathan F. is right actually, the home page is the most visited and read page of the site *nod*
but it accounts for less than 30% of the total page views, so it would be useless to have the ad just on the portal.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Merry Tempmas :toot:

I didn't try it last year, because I wasn't interested in some of the prizes, but I might do it this year, if the prizes interest me.. :creep:

I don't mind a few banners, but it does get kinda awkward when you have 2 of the same advertisement at the same time in 1 screen.. it's a little bit disorientating.. Meh, I'll live with it..

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tempmas :)
Last year wass great, solved the whole thing.
DOnt care if I did not win anything.. it was just really fun.
Hopefully it's great again

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hope this year's sponsors don't jump off like they did Tempmas '09.. :(
I didn't get my price because of it.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
that won't happen: this year, they aren't offering prizes, they're offering us MONEY for prizes.
They've already sent the money and I'm keeping it safe for purchasing the prizes once we can designate the winners ;)

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that won't happen: this year, they aren't offering prizes, they're offering us MONEY for prizes.
They've already sent the money and I'm keeping it safe for purchasing the prizes once we can designate the winners ;)

That's nice of them to send the money :)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
O=
Never knew this existed although I'm a member since 2008. xP
Anyways, seems interesting, I love guess work. =3
It actually seems a good way to incentivate people to come more to the forums and stuff.
Regarding the adds, I found it strange at first, but since they're in only one post and aren't those flashy/noisy adds they don't really bother me.
Christmas is such a wonderful season, there's santa and coke.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I loved the previous scavenger hunt! I actually managed to get to the end!

Can't wait for the new one...
there won't be a scavenger hunt this year, last year's was completely spoiled by people posting solutions on other sites.
of course there were tricks to prevent cheaters, and I kept changing clues and places, but still some fuckers ruined the fun.
so yeah look what you did, no more scavenger hunts.
Aww can you atleast make one with only like 1 prize up for grabs?
Like just an R4 or something.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE