GBAtemp Game of Year 2015 - Round 1

gbatemp_goty_2015.png

GBAtemp GotY 2015 - Round 1

Welcome to the first GBAtemp game of the year vote!
Here we have the top 50 games from 2015 as chosen by the GBAtemp staff. We believe that the GBAtemp GotY should be decided by our community as a whole, so would like our fellow Tempers to vote on their favourite games of the year for 2015 from the above poll.
Multiple votes are allowed, 25 titles will make it through to round 2.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Life is Strange.. anyone?

..hello? Why is everyone running away? .. :(
Not everyone enjoys the episodic adventures of angsty teens.

Do you even have to ask which one I voted for?

Also, not bashing or anything (I love the shit outta the VN), but why is S;G on the list? Didn't that come out in like 2009? Unless of course we're talking about S;G0, which hasn't come out yet.

Steins;Gate didn't officially come out in NA consoles until this year. If anything, it came out last year (for the PC), so it still doesn't belong on the list, but I voted for it anyway because it's amazing.

Last edited by Pedeadstrian,
Reactions: Deleted User

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Steins;Gate didn't officially come out in NA consoles until this year. If anything, it came out last year (for the PC), so it still doesn't belong on the list, but I voted for it anyway because it's amazing.
Ahh, I see. I played the fan translation a long time ago but it's good to see it get translated officially! Hopefully S;G0 will get the same treatment. And S;G Hiyoku Renri no Darling too, just for the hell of it.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Splatoon, Undertale, Life is Strange, and MH4U for me. If I had to pick one, probably Life is Strange, although I haven't finished Undertale yet so that may change once I do.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, I see. I played the fan translation a long time ago but it's good to see it get translated officially! Hopefully S;G0 will get the same treatment. And S;G Hiyoku Renri no Darling too, just for the hell of it.
Hopefully it doesn't get the same treatment, because it took them over 3 years to officially release it, causing people to play the fan-translation instead of the official version, causing a loss of sales. Hopefully, when they release S;G0 in two weeks in Japan, they say "Hey, we'll have a localized version out in a few months!"

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's either between Bloodborne, Fallout 4, or MGSV

Bloodborne is hard, but I recognize it. I might take a break after getting frustrated but I understand it's craft and I love it.

Fallout 4 is stripped down but it has a enhanced visuals, and alternative's elements to upbring it's shortcomings.

MGSV has the body Cheetah but lack the speed of a cheetah. MGSV gives me a welcome home but it's similar to the Fallout 4 case somewhat but its excellent

Last edited by Social_Outlaw,

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hopefully it doesn't get the same treatment, because it took them over 3 years to officially release it, causing people to play the fan-translation instead of the official version, causing a loss of sales. Hopefully, when they release S;G0 in two weeks in Japan, they say "Hey, we'll have a localized version out in a few months!"
Who did the translation anyway? I mean, the market for VNs is small as it is, so hopefully the game did well enough. Otherwise I might have to order a copy right now. How's the localization? Did they change names, censor scenes, remove stuff or something like that?

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who did the translation anyway? I mean, the market for VNs is small as it is, so hopefully the game did well enough. Otherwise I might have to order a copy right now. How's the localization? Did they change names, censor scenes, remove stuff or something like that?
It was Jast, one of the main VN localization companies. No serious censorship except for a couple ages being upped a year due to legal issues I believe. Translation is good and Id recommend it. They also changed radio kaikan to radi-kan for some reason, most likely copyright. Don't believe there was any censorship or changes other than that.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fan translation used the name Ruka(ko), but the official translation is Luka(ko). It's a change I didn't like, and hope it's not in S;G0, just like how I hope they don't make Aeris' name "Aerith" in FF7:R.

Reactions: vayanui8

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fan translation used the name Ruka(ko), but the official translation is Luka(ko). It's a change I didn't like, and hope it's not in S;G0, just like how I hope they don't make Aeris' name "Aerith" in FF7:R.
Those changes aren't technically wrong, but I agree. It was very odd seeing it changed to lukako. Aerith is the better translation over aeris though imo

Reactions: Deleted User

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Seriously why the hell are people voting Mario Maker, it's a $60 dollar level editor that doesn't even have slopes. What is this world coming to.

Lukako definitely sounds weird - what did the funimation dub call the character? I remember Rukako being used but I might be wrong.

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is quite the list.
I voted for Fallout 4 and Undertale, although I would have gone with Splatoon as well has I noticed it on there. Ah well.
I have not actually played Undertale, but from what my very good friend has told me, it sounds amazing. Fallout 4 and Space Engineers are just taking up a lot of mine time right now.
If Splatoon does win, I understand; who doesn't like what Super Mario Sunshine's multiplayer would have looked like had it existed?

Seriously why the hell are people voting Mario Maker, it's a $60 dollar level editor that doesn't even have slopes. What is this world coming to.
I know, right? SMM should have been a $10 digital-only release, in my opinion. Even then, it is definitely not GOTY.

Last edited by BLsquared,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1